Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract data from a huge file? Post 302159592 by dennis.jacob on Friday 18th of January 2008 03:43:27 AM
Old 01-18-2008
Try this:

Code:
cat test| grep item_ | xargs mkdir
for each in $(cat test| grep item_)
do
awk '/'$each'/,/dublin_core>/ {print }' test > ./${each}/dublin_core.xml
echo "license.txt(tab \t)bundle:LICENSE" >./${each}/contents
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and grab data from a huge file

folks, In my working directory, there a multiple large files which only contain one line in the file. The line is too long to use "grep", so any help? For example, if I want to find if these files contain a string like "93849", what command I should use? Also, there is oder_id number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ting123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a piece of information from a huge file

Hello All, I need some assistance to extract a piece of information from a huge file. The file is like this one : database information ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc os information cccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcor
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a header in a huge data file without using an intermediate file

I have a file with data extracted, and need to insert a header with a constant string, say: H|PayerDataExtract if i use sed, i have to redirect the output to a seperate file like sed ' sed commands' ExtractDataFile.dat > ExtractDataFileWithHeader.dat the same is true for awk and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaktanna
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a subset from a huge dataset

Hi, All I have a huge file which has 450G. Its tab-delimited format is as below x1 A 50020 1 x1 B 50021 8 x1 C 50022 9 x1 A 50023 10 x2 D 50024 5 x2 C 50025 7 x2 F 50026 8 x2 N 50027 1 : : Now, I want to extract a subset from this file. In this subset, column 1 is x10, column 2 is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Three Difference File Huge Data Comparison Problem.

I got three different file: Part of File 1 ARTPHDFGAA . . Part of File 2 ARTGHHYESA . . Part of File 3 ARTPOLYWEA . . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help- counting delimiter in a huge file and split data into 2 files

I’m new to Linux script and not sure how to filter out bad records from huge flat files (over 1.3GB each). The delimiter is a semi colon “;” Here is the sample of 5 lines in the file: Name1;phone1;address1;city1;state1;zipcode1 Name2;phone2;address2;city2;state2;zipcode2;comment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header data from one file and combine it with data from another file

Hi, Great minds, I have some files, in fact header files, of CTD profiler, I tried a lot C programming, could not get output as I was expected, because my programming skills are very poor, finally, joined unix forum with the hope that, I may get what I want, from you people, Here I have attached... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract few content from a huge list of files

I have a huge list of files (about 300,000) which have a pattern like this. .I 1 .U 87049087 .S Am J Emerg .M Allied Health Personnel/*; Electric Countershock/*; .T Refibrillation managed by EMT-Ds: .P ARTICLE. .W Some patients converted from ventricular fibrillation to organized... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Optimization shell/awk script to aggreagte (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file

Optimization shell/awk script to aggregate (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file File delimiter "|" Need to have Sum of all columns, with column number : aggregation (summation) for each column File not having the header Like below - Column 1 "Total Column 2 : "Total ... ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File comaprsons for the Huge data files ( around 60G) - Need optimized and teh best way to do this

I have 2 large file (.dat) around 70 g, 12 columns but the data not sorted in both the files.. need your inputs in giving the best optimized method/command to achieve this and redirect the not macthing lines to the thrid file ( diff.dat) File 1 - 15 columns File 2 - 15 columns Data is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
9 Replies
PAGESIZE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PAGESIZE(1)

NAME
pagesize - Print supported system page sizes SYNOPSIS
pagesize [options] DESCRIPTION
The pagesize utility prints the page sizes of a page of memory in bytes, as returned by getpagesizes(3). This is useful when creating por- table shell scripts, configuring huge page pools with hugeadm or launching applications to use huge pages with hugectl. If no parameters are specified, pagesize prints the system base page size as returned by getpagesize(). The following parameters affect what other pagesizes are displayed. --huge-only, -H Display all huge pages supported by the system as returned by gethugepagesizes(). --all, -a Display all page sizes supported by the system. SEE ALSO
oprofile(1), getpagesize(2), getpagesizes(3), gethugepagesizes(3), hugectl(7), hugeadm(7), libhugetlbfs(7) AUTHORS
libhugetlbfs was written by various people on the libhugetlbfs-devel mailing list. October 10, 2008 PAGESIZE(1)