Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert to excel
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert to excel Post 302159588 by ghostdog74 on Friday 18th of January 2008 03:36:46 AM
Old 01-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilan
try this...

while read line ;do echo $line | tr "|" , ; done < a.csv >> out.csv

may not be of that smart!!

-ilan
Code:
tr "|" "," < a.csv > out.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Text to Excel

I have some text data generated by a perl script and want to put it into an excel sheet. Is there a perl script that can do this for me, i.e, convert text data to excel? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavankk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert each field to excel

Hi Folks!! I would like to convert each and every output of my query to the excel column wise. Let me give you an example The first attachment (cr.jpg) is the one which i am getting out of a query and the fields are delimited with a '|' (pipe) symbol. I would like to convert each field into a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to convert text/csv to excel

Hello All, I have a sql report with 50 columns and 1000 rows result in a file ( txt / csv). is there is any way that we can move them to excel in KSH. Thanks, Sateesh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert the content of file into COLUMN (To export into excel)

I have multiple condition in file as below. MONITOR "ALERT_INFO" DESCRIPTION "Triggered when informational Netware alert occured" MAXTHRESHOLD 95 SEVERITY Normal MONITOR "ALERT_MAJOR" DESCRIPTION "Triggered when major Netware alert occured" MAXTHRESHOLD SEVERITY Major I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: velocitnitin
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert array data to excel format

I need your help in changing the script I have data has below text file :> cat my_emp Employee array(0) Name : Albert No : 1234 Address: stationstraat City: Utrecht Employee array (1) Name : Kouwen No : 1256 Address: stationstraat City: Amsterdam Employee array (2) Name : Peter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert Excel Files to Xls?

Hi All, I have created a BI Publisher report in Oracle apps R12. It has generated the output with *.EXCEL file extension. I have a shell script to mail this output. in my shell script I have copied this file and saved as *.xls file. But the R12 generated *.EXCEL file is not a real excel... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalidoss
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert csv to excel

Hi All, I have a csv file in unix and I need to convert it into excel formate. Please help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert text file into Excel sheet

:cool:Hi, Iam new to this Scripts and forum too. Plz excuse if may i ask silly questions now and further.. Prob: i need to convert txt files data into excel sheet. Suppose if i have hour-wise data in txt file1 and file2 like file1 file2 00: 140 00: 235 01: 160 01:415... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrudula
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to csv in python date not display exactly

Hi, Anyone can help I am just converting the excel file to csv using python, I can get the conversion output but the date not display exactly. test.xlsx date format 167 1588 risks/SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE.pdf SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE 2 1 1 0 2015-03-16 16:56:25 167 1146 risks/AirBNB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to tab

Hello, I have an excel sheet (.xlsx), with 11 worksheets. I need to run my bash scripts on the 1st worksheet and write the output to the 2nd worksheet. I am currently manually converting the worksheet into a tab delimited to run the script and then pasting it back to excel. Is there a way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
2 Replies
OCR4GAMERA(1)															     OCR4GAMERA(1)

NAME
ocr4gamera - OCR system using the Gamera framework USAGE
ocr4gamera -x <traindata> [options] <imagefile> OPTIONS
-v <int>, --verbosity=<int> Set verbosity level to <int>. Possible values are 0 (default): silent operation; 1: information on progress; >2: segmentation info is written to PNG files with prefix debug_. -h, --help Display help and exit. -d, --deskew Do a skew correction (recommended). -f, --filter Filter out very large (images) and very small components (noise). -a, --automatic-group Autogroup glyphs with classifier. -x <file>, --xmlfile=<file> Read training data from <file>. -o <xml>, --output=<xml> Write recognized text to file <xml> (otherwise it is written to stdout). -c <csv>, --extra_chars_csvfile=<csv> Read additional class name conversions from file <csv>. <csv> must contain one conversion per line. -R <rules>, --heuristic_rules=<rules> Apply heuristic rules <rules> for disambiguation of some chars. <rules> can be roman (default) or none (for no rules). -D, --dictionary-correction Correct words using a dictionary (requires aspell or ispell). -L <lang>, --dictionary-language=<lang> Use <lang> as language for aspell (when option -D is set). -e <int>, --edit-distance=<int> Correct words only when edit distance not more than <int>. OCR4GAMERA(1)