Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lofs
Operating Systems Solaris lofs Post 302159561 by Perderabo on Friday 18th of January 2008 01:35:29 AM
Old 01-18-2008
Well, $MOE is just a variable name in the script. It could be $LARRY or $CURLY and it would work just as well. But good programmers pick good names for variables and in this case MOE means "most optimal execution" or something like that. The idea is that you have a bunch of libc libraries, each optimized for different cpu's. Then you figure out what capabilities your cpu has and you mount your best libc onto the the official libc name. The mount goes away with each reboot, so if you power-down, upgrade your cpu, and reboot, the OS will come up using whatever new features you got with the upgrade.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lofs

Hi gang! I've just tried to build a Loopback FS, and I used the option "ro" not knowing what it was meaning, as in the example I have for this feature... mount -F lofs -o ro /my_rep /my_image_rep and of course now I'm stuck with my LOFS which is read-only... not really what I want to have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lomic
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lofs

Does anyone use lofs (loopback file systems)? I'm not looking for any deep details, but are there actually any advantages to using lofs? If anyone knows, what are the basic advantages? Thanks. -S (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

auto mount lofs

Hi All, I want to mount one directory to other. i.e /export/home/dju to /dju It's like a link ( link -s ). but I don't want to use this( link method ) . I try to use : mount -F lofs /export/home/dju /dju the question is, how do I use this mount method with automount ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdjuarsa
1 Replies

4. Solaris

lofs

Hi all, I am unable to comprehend these instructions. please help if ; then /usr/sbin/mount -O -F lofs $MOE /lib/libc.so.1 Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Normal LOFS behaviour?

I've got one directory LOFS mounted on top of another (this is to help move from an older standard that we used to follow to a newer one that we will be). Something like this: bash-3.00# df -k | grep /x /dev/md/dsk/d4 77449687 88172 76587019 1% /x /x ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
1 Replies

6. Solaris

LOFS file system

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the lofs file system or point me towards some link which can help ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

7. Solaris

df error for lofs file system in local zone.

I 've a zone which is running oracle db instance. We have exported the SAN file system from the global zone as following fs: dir: /oradb special: /oradb raw not specified type: lofs options: from global zone #df -h | grep oradb... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris zones - checking processes and lofs file system

Hi all, q1) If i am in a global-zone, is there any command or anyway to check if a particular process in "ps -ef" output is running in which zone ? q2) if i have created and mount a lofs filesystem/mountpoint for my non-global zone, can i say the following e.g. /dev/md/dsk/d60 /data --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

9. Solaris

LOFS in Solaris zone, privileges

Hi all Can i check, if I have a lofs filesystem in my local zone (myzone) for - e.g. global-zone -> /db/myzone (/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 ufs) myzone-> /myzone (lofs filesystem) zonecfg -z myzone (add fs set dir=/myzone set special=/db/myzone set type=lofs )q1) If I have install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies
CPUSET(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CPUSET(3)

NAME
cpuset_create, cpuset_destroy, cpuset_zero, cpuset_set, cpuset_clr, cpuset_isset, cpuset_size -- dynamic CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> cpuset_t * cpuset_create(void); void cpuset_destroy(cpuset_t *set); void cpuset_zero(cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_set(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_clr(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_isset(cpuid_t cpu, const cpuset_t *set); size_t cpuset_size(const cpuset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
This section describes the functions used to create, set, use and destroy the dynamic CPU sets. This API can be used with the POSIX threads, see pthread(3) and affinity(3). The ID of the primary CPU in the system is 0. FUNCTIONS
cpuset_create() Allocates and initializes a clean CPU-set. Returns the pointer to the CPU-set, or NULL on failure. cpuset_destroy(set) Destroy the CPU-set specified by set. cpuset_zero(set) Makes the CPU-set specified by set clean, that is, memory is initialized to zero bytes, and none of the CPUs set. cpuset_set(cpu, set) Sets the CPU specified by cpu in set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_clr(cpu, set) Clears the CPU specified by cpu in the CPU-set set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_isset(cpu, set) Checks if CPU specified by cpu is set in the CPU-set set. Returns the positive number if set, zero if not set, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_size(set) Returns the size in bytes of CPU-set specified by set. SEE ALSO
affinity(3), pset(3), sched(3), schedctl(8), kcpuset(9) HISTORY
The dynamic CPU sets appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 2, 2011 BSD