Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: simple issue..
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users simple issue.. Post 302159379 by Dave Miller on Thursday 17th of January 2008 03:44:07 PM
Old 01-17-2008
If you're accessing your unix system thru a PC running a terminal emulator, use QuickKeys on your PC to 'type' the responses needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

something simple, but i have no idea: a login issue

Hi all, I have a problem not really dramatic but realyl annoying: i've got a groups of users who logon a sunos 2.3 box via a windows telnet client (KEAI, but this is not the problem). they login as perso1 and password. It takes a very very very long time to get in. If i log on the same box... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
2 Replies

2. Programming

simple scanf issue ?

Hello everyone, I hope someone is awake to help me on this.. hey How can I do something like this: The user is asked is asked to enter an int value, but I want to provide a default value on stdout, which they can back space and change it to whatever they want.. for e.g: Enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi all, i have used the search already before someone shouts at me and i have seen the 'datecalc' program but this is not working correctly for me in the shell and environment i am using. I am using solaris 10 and bourne shell. I have two dates '07-04-2009' and '05-05-2009'. I just need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple if/then issue in korn shell

When I run this, it tests to Y, but why? If I take the double quotes off of test, i get the same. # !/bin/ksh TEST="N" if ; then echo $TEST" yes" else echo "no" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple for loop/cat issue

ok.. so problem is: I have a file that reads: cat 123 1 and 2 3 and 4 5 and 6 I was using for loops to run through this information. Code: for i in `cat 123` do echo $i done shouldn't the output come as 1 and 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foal_11
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Cut issue

I have a long string that looks something like this.... <string>http://abc.com/40/20/zzz061-3472/dP3rXLpPPV2KC846nJ4VXpH7jt4b3LJgkL/tarfile_date.tar</string> I need to but the tar file name. So I need to put between "/" and ".tar</string>". My desired result should be "tarfile_date". (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple SED issue

Hi! I'm a newbie and can't find the exact sed to make this work. I've installed CentOS and am trying to pass variables to a network-config file. variables: $ipAddress $netmask $gateway file: DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.IP=192.168.1.10 DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.Netmask=255.255.255.0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greipr
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple issue, what is wrong?

I had this working a few days ago but I since changed it. Heres the code x=1 while 1 2 3 4 5 6 1=$(ps -ef | grep process | awk '{ print $2}') if then echo "The database is accepting connections..." echo "Now I will check the next process" 2=$(ps -ef | grep process1 |... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi , Here is the smaller version of the problem. Working individually as command ************************>echo $SHELL /bin/bash ************************>TO_DAY=`date` ************************>echo $TO_DAY Tue Jul 16 02:28:31 EDT 2013 ************************> Not working when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies
KCEMU-REMOTE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   KCEMU-REMOTE(1)

NAME
kcemu-remote - A remote controller for the KC 85/4 Emulator SYNOPSIS
kcemu-remote command [param1=value1] [param2=value2] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the kcemu-remote command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. kcemu-remote can control an already running KCemu by sending commands. The communication is done via the X Window System and is network transparent as long as the X Window Display can be accessed. EXAMPLE COMMANDS
emu-reset Reset the emulator. emu-power-on Power-On Reset the emulator. emu-quit Exit the emulator. kc-image-load filename=/absolute/path/to/imagefile Load a program into the emulator (if the given file is not found a filerequester will pop up). kc-image-run filename=/absolute/path/to/imagefile Just like kc-image-load but tries to start the program after it is loaded. floppy-attach filename=/absolute/path/to/diskimage The only way to change disk images for now (the user interface is not functional ;-)). keyboard-replay test=text_to_insert Send the text to the emulator. BUGS
There is no error handling and it's not possible to specify an emulator instance if more than one emulator is running. SEE ALSO
kcemu(1x), kctape(1), kc2tap(1), kc2wav(1), kc2img(1), kc2raw(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Torsten Paul <Torsten.Paul@gmx.de>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). KCEMU-REMOTE(1)