Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX on windows based computer. Post 302159338 by gus2000 on Thursday 17th of January 2008 01:47:34 PM
Old 01-17-2008
IBM was porting AIX to Intel for Itanium back in 2000-2001 (Project Monterey), but delays in the chip release got IBM to shelve the project. One of the challenges was making the code "endian-neutral" since x86 is little-endian but PPC is big-endian. In theory, AIX could now be built for Intel platforms fairly easily, but IBM has little reason to do so. It's not out of the question but there's been no stated intent.

Project Monterey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, AIXv3 had an Intel version, if you can find a copy! I bet that would run in a VMWare appliance, too. But sheez that is old...1995 I think.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What can I do,if I want windows me and unix stay in the same computer?

My computer's operating system is windows me,now.I want install unix in it while I don't want to kill the windows me.So could u tell me what to do?I'd like you give me detailed information about it.Thank u. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: David
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how do you get 2 windows off your computer

i have windows 2000 professional and windows 98 on my computer but i onle want 1:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary_king
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Computer Based Training

All, Any one knows where I can buy computer based training in unix like in AIX or HP-UX. some what like System Administration 1 and 2 Appreciate your help. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Unix on my Windows based computer

Hi Everyone... I am very interested in the Unix/Linux/Knoppix world and would like to eventually become proficient in the programming aspect of it all. Is it possible to use Knoppix in a partitioned drive on my Windows based computer to learn programming in Unix? Or do I need to partition my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rev. Enant
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New computer for Unix-based OS's -- need help deciding

Hello. I'm in the market for a new computer (a laptop, for certain), and I was considering buying a high-end PC (I have a black MacBook right now). I've been wanting to experiment with Unix-based OS's (for developing mainly -- I'm a developer/programmer -- but for other purposes as well). I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tron55555
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying from remote SunOS to local Windows 7 computer

Can someone please help me with copying from remote computer to local computer? I have Winscp installed but for some reason i can seem to get into the server using winscp. I am currently logged on to the server, so its not a case of remote host unavailable. I really am not sure if the syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer?

I am looking to run a Windows utility BitRecover PST Viewer. To help me read a pst file. Can anybody guide me how can I run this Windows utility on Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marktux
3 Replies
PCIC(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   PCIC(4)

NAME
pcic -- PC Card bridge driver SYNOPSIS
device pcic device pccard DESCRIPTION
The pcic driver provides support for older ISA and non-Yenta PCI PC Card bridges. The pcic driver supports most ExCA devices attached to the ISA bus or PCI devices that do not conform to the Yenta specification. The following ISA devices, or true clones, are supported in the current code. Intel i82365SL Step A Intel i82365SL Step B Intel i82365SL Step C Intel's original 16-bit PC Card controller. Intel i82365SL-DF Intel's last version of this device. 3.3V support was added. VLSI 82C146 An older VLSI part with some issues on some machines. Cirrus Logic PD-6710 Cirrus Logic PD-6720 Cirrus Logic PD-6722 Cirrus Logic's pcic controller. Compatible with the i82365SL Step C with the addition of a different 3.3V control. Ricoh RF5C296 Ricoh RF5C396 Ricoh's PC Card bridge chips. These are compatible with the i82365SL Step C, but with yet another different 3.3V con- trol. Vadem 365 Vadem 465 Compatible with i82365SL Step C. Vadem 468 Vadem 469 Like the earlier Vadem models, but with Vadem's own, incompatible, 3.3V control system. IBM PCIC IBM clone of the original i82365SL part, with its own ID register value. Has no 3.3V ability. Many other vendors made parts in this arena, but most of them were compatible with one of the above chipsets. The following PCI pcmcia bridges are supported: Cirrus Logic PD6729 Cirrus Logic PD6730 O2micro OZ6729 O2micro OZ6730 BUGS
This does not work at all at the moment. BSD
July 9, 2002 BSD