Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: what these statements means
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what these statements means Post 302159044 by namishtiwari on Thursday 17th of January 2008 01:05:17 AM
Old 01-17-2008
what these statements means

Hi

can you please explain what these statements mean--
RELEASE=${PATH##*/OCU_}
RELEASE=${RELEASE%%/bin:*}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$? means?

Hi All, Can you please explain wats the meaning of this $? in unix Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

$$ means?

hey, what's $$varname in a script? I used to see $varname only. search on google didn't help. thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you tell me what this means?

Can you please tell me what this means? use grep to find from the file myfile.txt all lines containing the sequence tt but not more 2 ts? I have no idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushhour
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what does $#,$* means

:) Hi, In some script i got these regular expression like , n=$# and for i in $* can anybody let me know, what does it means (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deb.simply
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What means %U

I can not find out what the %U means in the following command: ooffice -calc %U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

!! what is this means

I have a script like select * from table !! what those exclamation marks mean (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does . means?

Hi, I have seen in some ksh script, that we are executing shell scripts inside other shell script as . variable.sh What is . here? Their is space between . and variabloe. And why we are not executing it like ./variable.sh? I know that . signifies current directory , but what its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

$? and $# means

what exactly $? and $# means ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

9. Programming

What does it means?

#define abc '\xE8' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh33
7 Replies
RELEASE 
SAVEPOINT(7) SQL Commands RELEASE SAVEPOINT(7) NAME
RELEASE SAVEPOINT - destroy a previously defined savepoint SYNOPSIS
RELEASE [ SAVEPOINT ] savepoint_name DESCRIPTION
RELEASE SAVEPOINT destroys a savepoint previously defined in the current transaction. Destroying a savepoint makes it unavailable as a rollback point, but it has no other user visible behavior. It does not undo the effects of commands executed after the savepoint was established. (To do that, see ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [rollback_to_savepoint(7)].) Destroying a savepoint when it is no longer needed allows the system to reclaim some resources earlier than transaction end. RELEASE SAVEPOINT also destroys all savepoints that were established after the named savepoint was established. PARAMETERS
savepoint_name The name of the savepoint to destroy. NOTES
Specifying a savepoint name that was not previously defined is an error. It is not possible to release a savepoint when the transaction is in an aborted state. If multiple savepoints have the same name, only the one that was most recently defined is released. EXAMPLES
To establish and later destroy a savepoint: BEGIN; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (3); SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (4); RELEASE SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; COMMIT; The above transaction will insert both 3 and 4. COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the SQL standard. The standard specifies that the key word SAVEPOINT is mandatory, but PostgreSQL allows it to be omitted. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)], ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [rollback_to_savepoint(7)], SAVEPOINT [savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 RELEASE SAVEPOINT(7)