Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help to parse the file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to parse the file Post 302158903 by in2nix4life on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 03:14:40 PM
Old 01-16-2008
This may help get you started:

BEFORE:
cat file-1.txt
# Start
"ABC" SFFd 0 4 [abc]
Time SFFT 4 8 {Sec} [abc]
User SFFTimeVal 12 8 {Sec} [asd]

AFTER:
cat file-1.txt | grep -v ^# | sed -e 's/"//g' | awk '{print $1","$2",sec"}'
ABC,SFFd,sec
Time,SFFT,sec
User,SFFTimeVal,sec

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

12 Ways to Parse a file

A common thing in shell scripting. I came across this script that will be useful for people learning to write script. #!/usr/bin/ksh # # SCRIPT: 12_ways_to_parse.ksh.ksh # # # REV: 1.2.A # # PURPOSE: This script shows the different ways of reading # a file line by line. Again... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file

Hi Friends, I have a file in the format shown (Name followed by address:) I need only the address part please see the output. I have tried using nawk but I am not getting the desired output. SAM ADDRS 64874 FRANKLYN DR IRVINE TX - 74394; 538 FRED ASSOCIATES PETER ADDRS 84734... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file from remote server to calculate count of string existence in that file

Hi I need to parse the file of same name which exist on different servers and calculate the count of string existed in both files. Say a file abc.log exist on 2 servers. I want to search for string "test" on both files and calculate the total count of search string's existence. For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to parse the jil file into an excel file

Hi I have the following as input /* ----------------- backupJIL ----------------- */ insert_job: backupJIL job_type: c command: autorep -J ALL -q > /home/autosys/...p/autosys_jil_bk machine: machine owner: autosys@machine permission: gx,ge,wx,we date_conditions: 1 days_of_week:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file

FILE1 2917,065A,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,05E:0_10E:0,BL_lmwsp02,0345,xxx,3452(DR) 2917,03EA,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0455,xxx,3ee4(DR) 2917,03EB,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0345,xxx,2d34(DR)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse file names

trying to parse out all parts of this file name. REC=`echo "CAMXI.F0150.txt" | sed 's/.*\(*\).*/\1/'` export "FLRECL=$REC" FLECL=0150 I can get the numbers 0150 out of the file name. But need to capture first 5 bytes and extension. So i would export 3 variables (name, length, extension)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rapalanlord
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse fasta file to tabular file

Hello, A bioperl problem I thought could be done with awk: convert the fasta format (Note: the length of each row is not the same for each entry as they were combined from different files!) to tabular format. input.fasta: >YAL069W-1.334 Putative promoter sequence... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file using awk

Hi Experts, I am trying to parse the following file; FILEA a|b|c|c|c|c a|b|d|d|d|d e|f|a|a|a|a e|f|b|b|b|boutput expected: a<TAB>b <TAB><TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB> <TAB><TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB> e<TAB>f <TAB><TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB> <TAB><TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a file?

Hi guys I have a very long file which looks like this: y893 89:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y895 90:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y897 90:send prctmgr exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies
Time.localTime(3kaya)					       Kaya module reference					     Time.localTime(3kaya)

NAME
Time::localTime - Convert a time to local time. SYNOPSIS
Time localTime( Int secs=now() ) ARGUMENTS
secs The number of seconds since Jan 1 1970. This argument is optional and defaults to the current time. DESCRIPTION
Converts a time expressed in seconds since Jan 1 1970 to a Time.Time(3kaya) , using the current local timezone. AUTHORS
Kaya standard library by Edwin Brady, Chris Morris and others (kaya@kayalang.org). For further information see http://kayalang.org/ LICENSE
The Kaya standard library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (version 2.1 or any later version) as published by the Free Software Foundation. RELATED
Time.Time(3kaya) Time.gmTime(3kaya) Time.mkTime(3kaya) Time.time(3kaya) Kaya October 2012 Time.localTime(3kaya)