Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Capture output to file and printer Post 302158900 by GIV on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 02:57:18 PM
Old 01-16-2008
Try "tee" command.

Regards,
Georgy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of program to file with limited filesize

I'm working on a script that will perform a backup, save a log of said backup and send the output to me in an email. Everything is working fine so far except that I can't figure out how to specify a maximum file size for the log file. I don't want a runaway log file jamming up the server.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spectre_240sx
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture scp output

I have a simple script that uses scp to copy some files from one server to another. I want to capture the files that are copied but simple redirection to a file does not work. So I want to capture this output from the scp command in a log file. -bash-3.00$ scp -pr /export/jumpstart/Files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to capture certain output

Hi All, I want to create a script that capture only Date & Time, Current CPU % usage, Disk % usage, Mem % usage and Top process based on this output; Data Collected: 05/17/08 17:19:49 Refresh Interval: 600 seconds GlancePlus Started/Reset: 05/17/08 08:19:45 B3692A GlancePlus... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture output of file and send last string thereof to new file

Hello, If I run a program from within shell, the output is displayed in the command line terminal. Is there a way I can capture that output and choose only the very last string in it to send it to a new file? Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

Creating a printer emulator to capture PDL/PCL data coming in on port 9100.

I have a number of Windows CE operator terminals. They have facility to print alarms/messages to ... aser or Inkjet (so they're using PCL). USB or IP. IP connection takes just the IP address. Question How could I create a service or daemon on a server to capture all this data?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: transistor
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture output to log file

Hi I have a script that will run multiple unix & sql commands. I want to see the output as well as capture it to a log file for further analysis. Is there an easy way to do that instead of adding "tee -a logfile" on everyline or even on the execute line (i.e. script | tee -s logfile). Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nimo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want ro capture the debug in output file

I want to capture the debug for the below command in output file . i tried like this but its not working: sh -xv <scriptname> >> output.log i want the output in a log file. Anyone plz help in this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakkaravarthy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove print formating from printer output file

I have a print file taken from the print spooler and I want to delete all the formatting leaving only the text. If you vi the file it shows "\304\304 ...." which translates into a printed line on print output. I need to be able to edit and pass this file to another process Thnaks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: petercp
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of open pipe to a file in perl

Hi, I am trying to capture the output of the an open pipe in perl. but I am not sure how to do this. can some one please help me do that? Below is the script I am using (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies
tsm.lpadmin(1M) 														   tsm.lpadmin(1M)

NAME
tsm.lpadmin - add or remove a printer for use with tsm(1) SYNOPSIS
printer model printer DESCRIPTION
is used to add (or remove) a printer to the LP spooling system when the printer is connected to the system through a terminal running the Terminal Session Manager (see tsm(1)). is a shell script that uses in the normal way but also creates a named pipe to which LP output is directed (see lpadmin(1)). This named pipe is opened by TSM and data flowing from it is sent to the printer through the terminal. Options recognizes the following options: Names a printer to be created with an associated pipe. If is used, must also be specified. Selects a model interface program for printer. model is one of the model interface names supplied with the LP software (see the Models topic in the lpad- min(1)) manual entry. If is used, must also be specified. Removes printer from the LP system. No other options are allowed with Restrictions To use you must be user or AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
SEE ALSO
lpadmin(1M), tsm(1). tsm.lpadmin(1M)