Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help to parse the file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to parse the file Post 302158890 by navsharan on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 02:31:40 PM
Old 01-16-2008
Need help to parse the file

# Start
"ABC" SFFd 0 4 [abc]
Time SFFT 4 8 {Sec} [abc]
User SFFTimeVal 12 8 {Sec} [asd]

# Start
"CP" SFFT (Time") {Sec} [fgh]
Time" SFFT ("Utn") {Sec} [jhk]

I have bundle of file in above format. please help me to create a shell script that will take input of file name and output will be like this.

ABC,SFFd
Time,SFFT,sec
User,SFFTimeVal,sec
CP,SFFT,sec
Time,SFFT,sec

I don't want to add those row which is commented with # sign

Thanks in Advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

12 Ways to Parse a file

A common thing in shell scripting. I came across this script that will be useful for people learning to write script. #!/usr/bin/ksh # # SCRIPT: 12_ways_to_parse.ksh.ksh # # # REV: 1.2.A # # PURPOSE: This script shows the different ways of reading # a file line by line. Again... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file

Hi Friends, I have a file in the format shown (Name followed by address:) I need only the address part please see the output. I have tried using nawk but I am not getting the desired output. SAM ADDRS 64874 FRANKLYN DR IRVINE TX - 74394; 538 FRED ASSOCIATES PETER ADDRS 84734... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file from remote server to calculate count of string existence in that file

Hi I need to parse the file of same name which exist on different servers and calculate the count of string existed in both files. Say a file abc.log exist on 2 servers. I want to search for string "test" on both files and calculate the total count of search string's existence. For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to parse the jil file into an excel file

Hi I have the following as input /* ----------------- backupJIL ----------------- */ insert_job: backupJIL job_type: c command: autorep -J ALL -q > /home/autosys/...p/autosys_jil_bk machine: machine owner: autosys@machine permission: gx,ge,wx,we date_conditions: 1 days_of_week:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file

FILE1 2917,065A,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,05E:0_10E:0,BL_lmwsp02,0345,xxx,3452(DR) 2917,03EA,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0455,xxx,3ee4(DR) 2917,03EB,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0345,xxx,2d34(DR)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse file names

trying to parse out all parts of this file name. REC=`echo "CAMXI.F0150.txt" | sed 's/.*\(*\).*/\1/'` export "FLRECL=$REC" FLECL=0150 I can get the numbers 0150 out of the file name. But need to capture first 5 bytes and extension. So i would export 3 variables (name, length, extension)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rapalanlord
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse fasta file to tabular file

Hello, A bioperl problem I thought could be done with awk: convert the fasta format (Note: the length of each row is not the same for each entry as they were combined from different files!) to tabular format. input.fasta: >YAL069W-1.334 Putative promoter sequence... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file using awk

Hi Experts, I am trying to parse the following file; FILEA a|b|c|c|c|c a|b|d|d|d|d e|f|a|a|a|a e|f|b|b|b|boutput expected: a<TAB>b <TAB><TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB> <TAB><TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB> e<TAB>f <TAB><TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB> <TAB><TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a file?

Hi guys I have a very long file which looks like this: y893 89:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y895 90:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y897 90:send prctmgr exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies
Mojo::Headers(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Mojo::Headers(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Headers - Headers SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Headers; my $headers = Mojo::Headers->new; $headers->content_type('text/plain'); $headers->parse("Content-Type: text/html "); DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Headers is a container and parser for HTTP headers. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Headers implements the following attributes. "max_line_size" my $size = $headers->max_line_size; $headers = $headers->max_line_size(1024); Maximum line size in bytes, defaults to the value of the "MOJO_MAX_LINE_SIZE" environment variable or 10240. METHODS
Mojo::Headers inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following new ones. "accept" my $accept = $headers->accept; $headers = $headers->accept('application/json'); Shortcut for the "Accept" header. "accept_language" my $accept_language = $headers->accept_language; $headers = $headers->accept_language('de, en'); Shortcut for the "Accept-Language" header. "accept_ranges" my $ranges = $headers->accept_ranges; $headers = $headers->accept_ranges('bytes'); Shortcut for the "Accept-Ranges" header. "add" $headers = $headers->add('Content-Type', 'text/plain'); Add one or more header lines. "authorization" my $authorization = $headers->authorization; $headers = $headers->authorization('Basic Zm9vOmJhcg=='); Shortcut for the "Authorization" header. "cache_control" my $cache_control = $headers->cache_control; $headers = $headers->cache_control('max-age=1, no-cache'); Shortcut for the "Cache-Control" header. "clone" my $clone = $headers->clone; Clone headers. "connection" my $connection = $headers->connection; $headers = $headers->connection('close'); Shortcut for the "Connection" header. "content_disposition" my $content_disposition = $headers->content_disposition; $headers = $headers->content_disposition('foo'); Shortcut for the "Content-Disposition" header. "content_length" my $content_length = $headers->content_length; $headers = $headers->content_length(4000); Shortcut for the "Content-Length" header. "content_range" my $range = $headers->content_range; $headers = $headers->content_range('bytes 2-8/100'); Shortcut for the "Content-Range" header. "content_transfer_encoding" my $encoding = $headers->content_transfer_encoding; $headers = $headers->content_transfer_encoding('foo'); Shortcut for the "Content-Transfer-Encoding" header. "content_type" my $content_type = $headers->content_type; $headers = $headers->content_type('text/plain'); Shortcut for the "Content-Type" header. "cookie" my $cookie = $headers->cookie; $headers = $headers->cookie('f=b'); Shortcut for the "Cookie" header. "date" my $date = $headers->date; $headers = $headers->date('Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:27:35 GMT'); Shortcut for the "Date" header. "dnt" my $dnt = $headers->dnt; $headers = $headers->dnt(1); Shortcut for the "DNT" (Do Not Track) header. "etag" my $etag = $headers->etag; $headers = $headers->etag('abc321'); Shortcut for the "ETag" header. "expect" my $expect = $headers->expect; $headers = $headers->expect('100-continue'); Shortcut for the "Expect" header. "expires" my $expires = $headers->expires; $headers = $headers->expires('Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT'); Shortcut for the "Expires" header. "from_hash" $headers = $headers->from_hash({'Content-Type' => 'text/html'}); Parse headers from a hash reference. "header" my $string = $headers->header('Content-Type'); my @lines = $headers->header('Content-Type'); $headers = $headers->header('Content-Type' => 'text/plain'); Get or replace the current header values. # Multiple headers with the same name for my $header ($headers->header('Set-Cookie')) { say 'Set-Cookie:'; # Multiple lines per header say for @$header; } "host" my $host = $headers->host; $headers = $headers->host('127.0.0.1'); Shortcut for the "Host" header. "if_modified_since" my $m = $headers->if_modified_since; $headers = $headers->if_modified_since('Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:27:35 GMT'); Shortcut for the "If-Modified-Since" header. "is_finished" my $success = $headers->is_finished; Check if header parser is finished. "is_limit_exceeded" my $success = $headers->is_limit_exceeded; Check if a header has exceeded "max_line_size". "last_modified" my $m = $headers->last_modified; $headers = $headers->last_modified('Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:27:35 GMT'); Shortcut for the "Last-Modified" header. "leftovers" my $leftovers = $headers->leftovers; Leftovers. "location" my $location = $headers->location; $headers = $headers->location('http://127.0.0.1/foo'); Shortcut for the "Location" header. "names" my $names = $headers->names; Generate a list of all currently defined headers. "parse" $headers = $headers->parse("Content-Type: text/foo "); Parse formatted headers. "proxy_authenticate" my $authenticate = $headers->proxy_authenticate; $headers = $headers->proxy_authenticate('Basic "realm"'); Shortcut for the "Proxy-Authenticate" header. "proxy_authorization" my $proxy_authorization = $headers->proxy_authorization; $headers = $headers->proxy_authorization('Basic Zm9vOmJhcg=='); Shortcut for the "Proxy-Authorization" header. "range" my $range = $headers->range; $headers = $headers->range('bytes=2-8'); Shortcut for the "Range" header. "referrer" my $referrer = $headers->referrer; $headers = $headers->referrer('http://mojolicio.us'); Shortcut for the "Referer" header, there was a typo in RFC 2068 which resulted in "Referer" becoming an official header. "remove" $headers = $headers->remove('Content-Type'); Remove a header. "sec_websocket_accept" my $accept = $headers->sec_websocket_accept; $headers = $headers->sec_websocket_accept('s3pPLMBiTxaQ9kYGzzhZRbK+xOo='); Shortcut for the "Sec-WebSocket-Accept" header. "sec_websocket_key" my $key = $headers->sec_websocket_key; $headers = $headers->sec_websocket_key('dGhlIHNhbXBsZSBub25jZQ=='); Shortcut for the "Sec-WebSocket-Key" header. "sec_websocket_origin" my $origin = $headers->sec_websocket_origin; $headers = $headers->sec_websocket_origin('http://example.com'); Shortcut for the "Sec-WebSocket-Origin" header. "sec_websocket_protocol" my $protocol = $headers->sec_websocket_protocol; $headers = $headers->sec_websocket_protocol('sample'); Shortcut for the "Sec-WebSocket-Protocol" header. "sec_websocket_version" my $version = $headers->sec_websocket_version; $headers = $headers->sec_websocket_version(13); Shortcut for the "Sec-WebSocket-Version" header. "server" my $server = $headers->server; $headers = $headers->server('Mojo'); Shortcut for the "Server" header. "set_cookie" my $set_cookie = $headers->set_cookie; $headers = $headers->set_cookie('f=b; path=/'); Shortcut for the "Set-Cookie" header. "status" my $status = $headers->status; $headers = $headers->status('200 OK'); Shortcut for the "Status" header. "to_hash" my $single = $headers->to_hash; my $multi = $headers->to_hash(1); Turn headers into hash reference, nested array references to represent multi line values are disabled by default. "to_string" my $string = $headers->to_string; Turn headers into a string, suitable for HTTP 1.1 messages. "trailer" my $trailer = $headers->trailer; $headers = $headers->trailer('X-Foo'); Shortcut for the "Trailer" header. "transfer_encoding" my $transfer_encoding = $headers->transfer_encoding; $headers = $headers->transfer_encoding('chunked'); Shortcut for the "Transfer-Encoding" header. "upgrade" my $upgrade = $headers->upgrade; $headers = $headers->upgrade('websocket'); Shortcut for the "Upgrade" header. "user_agent" my $user_agent = $headers->user_agent; $headers = $headers->user_agent('Mojo/1.0'); Shortcut for the "User-Agent" header. "www_authenticate" my $authenticate = $headers->www_authenticate; $headers = $headers->www_authenticate('Basic realm="realm"'); Shortcut for the "WWW-Authenticate" header. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Headers(3pm)