Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Install more than one OS in a single partition... Post 302158868 by Alohamora on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 12:59:38 PM
Old 01-16-2008
MySQL Install more than one OS in a single partition...

Hello dear........this is karan singh.
I want to ask a question that how can we install more than one OS in a single partition of any hard disk.

I am not asking about to install more than one os in a hard disk,but on a single partition.

NOTE:I am confident that it is possible to install more than one os in a single partition,what does'nt know the answer.

***Administrators note: email address removed --reborg
You can also reply on this forum........waitng for the replys....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

relabel partition after install

Hello all, I was wondering if it is possible to relabeled Redaht 7.2 hard drive after they have been created and label? When I did an install I label "/dev/hda3" as "/home", but now I would like to change it into "/export". This is because I would like to use autofs of the home directory. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

partition install

this question has probly been answered but i could not find it (sad).... anyhow, my question is, that i would like to know how (step by step) i can install mandrake 9.1 on my computer which currently runs win98... the catch is that i need to keep windows 98 on my computer, and the compter must boot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: punk000
5 Replies

3. Gentoo

How to copy single partition?

I presently backup my multi-OS multi-paritition boot drive (fedora core 4/ext3, WinXPServer/NTFS, WinXPHome/FAT32) with the command: telinit 1; cp /dev/sda /dev/sdb And this works. Is there a command to only copy a single partition instead of an entire device? And what about the grub... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

5. SCO

Incorrect Disk Partition - New Install SCO 6.0

New IBM x3400 machine with a raid 5 configuration. Go through the early setup routine to the point where I answer the questions for time zone, machine name. Enter continue and get a message stating : "Incorrect disk partitioning cannot continue" This is a sco message, refers to the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjbtms
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Install with /var in separate partition - Zfs / 10

This is my first time working with ZFS on Solaris 10. I am trying to set up /var in a separate partition from /. During the installation, I came across the ZFS settings where I selected disks 0 and 1 to be mirrored with ZFS. Next was the option to have /var and / on separate datasets. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 6L71
3 Replies

7. Linux

how to install dual linux os in single harddisk

hi, please guide me how to install dual linux os in single harddisk Thanks&Regards, R.PRAVEEN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveenvikram24
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Partition overlaps another partition while creating new parition in solaris

hi all while formatting hard disk i am getting following error. Partition 1 ends at 266338338 It must be between 34 and 143374704. label error: EFI Labels do not support overlapping partitions Partition 8 overlaps partition 1. Warning: error writing EFI. Label failed. I have formatted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Single command to Partition and label as LVM whole disk

Hello, someone please suggest me how write a script or command to create partition and label whole disk as LVM . I have multiple servers that I to label as LVM using fdisk, that will very hard process. This is what I currently doing to create to partition and label. # fdisk /dev/sdb ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies
FDISK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  FDISK(8)

NAME
fdisk - partition a hard disk [IBM] SYNOPSIS
fdisk [-hm] [-sn] [file] OPTIONS
-h Number of disk heads is m -s Number of sectors per track is n EXAMPLES
fdisk /dev/hd0 # Examine disk partitions fdisk -h9 /dev/hd0 # Examine disk with 9 heads DESCRIPTION
When fdisk starts up, it reads in the partition table and displays it. It then presents a menu to allow the user to modify partitions, store the partition table on a file, or load it from a file. Partitions can be marked as MINIX, DOS or other, as well as active or not. Using fdisk is self-explanatory. However, be aware that repartitioning a disk will cause information on it to be lost. Rebooting the sys- tem immediately is mandatory after changing partition sizes and parameters. MINIX, XENIX, PC-IX, and MS-DOS all have different partition numbering schemes. Thus when using multiple systems on the same disk, be careful. Note that MINIX, unlike MS-DOS , cannot access the last sector in a partition with an odd number of sectors. The reason that odd partition sizes do not cause a problem with MS-DOS is that MS-DOS allocates disk space in units of 512-byte sectors, whereas MINIX uses 1K blocks. Fdisk has a variety of other features that can be seen by typing h. Fdisk normally knows the geometry of the device by asking the driver. You can use the -h and -s options to override the numbers found. SEE ALSO
part(8). FDISK(8)