Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Failed to open output file Error Post 302158726 by Anji on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 06:33:22 AM
Old 01-16-2008
Failed to open output file Error

Hi guys,
I Have written a script,In that it will call another file which contains the sql quaries.

while wxecuting that I am getting the below exception
01/16|06:28:06:16800: Operating System Error|Failed to open output file

Can anybody help me about this,,Its urgent

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

libCstd.so.1: open failed

Morning all, I have a problem with a Sun workstation which is running Solaris 8. When I attempt to open an application, the executable fails with this message : "fatal: libcstd.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory" It was suggested to me that I need to add these patches to fix the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyD
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Error:: libm.so.2:open failed

Hi, I am working with solaris 9 and I want to install perforce on that,so I downloaded the p4v.bin file and try to install it by the command ./p4v after that it is giving the error--- ld.so.1: ./p4v.bin: fatal: libm.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed I am not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Error- ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed:No such file or directory

Hi Friends I have a compiler(Sun Forte,I believe) running in my Solaris 9 box. since y'day my development team is finding this error when they compile: ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory I ran a search for this file and found it in one of my file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

libucb.s0.1: open failed...

Hi all. I try to start an application, but libucb.so1 is missing. # appl23 # appl23ld.so.1: appl23: fatal: libucb.so1: open failed: No such file or directory killed # # ldd appl23 libXm.so.3 => /usr/lib/libXm.so.3 libMrm.so.3 => /usr/lib/libMrm.so.3 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
14 Replies

5. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NDM: Source file open failed. Error= 2

Hi, I have try to ndm to one server to another server. but i am getting this error. what is this error? are files not in source folder? Source file open failed. Error= 2 Regards, Balamurgan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
1 Replies

7. Solaris

./curl -V showing fatal: libldap.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory

Hi Guys, I am facing this Error bash-2.03$ ./curl -V ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libldap.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory Killed bash-2.03$ while executing ./curl -V in /opt/sfw/bin directory. I am using Sun Solaris 10. which package upgrage can give me this missing... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rdesktop - ERROR: Failed to open keymap en-us

I just updated my rdesktop to 1.8.3 from source ( on Slackware 11 ) and had troubles with arrow keys/page up/page down not working. I see this on the console: ERROR: Failed to open keymap en-us The fix is a permission change. I initially looked at /usr/share/rdesktop/keymaps and everything... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux open failed: No such file or directory error

Hi, The below commands works fine on serverB . /etc/profile; cd /export/home/user2/utils/plugin/ ./runme.shHowever, when i run the same commands from serverA it fails $ ssh -q user2@serverB ". /etc/profile; cd /export/home/user2/utils/plugin; ./runme.sh"Output Error: Please find the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find Error: rpmdb open failed on list of servers

Hello all, I have a task to patch red hat servers and some servers have a corrupted rpm database and return the error: Error: rpmdb open failed I know how to fix this when it occurs. What I'm hoping to do is scan a list of servers by IP and report back which server have this error. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
6 Replies
Bio::Root::Exception(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Root::Exception(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Root::Exception - Generic exception objects for Bioperl SYNOPSIS
Throwing exceptions using Error.pm throw: use Bio::Root::Exception; use Error; # Set Error::Debug to include stack trace data in the error messages $Error::Debug = 1; $file = shift; open (IN, $file) || throw Bio::Root::FileOpenException ( "Can't open file $file for reading", $!); Throwing exceptions using Bioperl throw: # Here we have an object that ISA Bio::Root::Root, so it inherits throw(). open (IN, $file) || $object->throw(-class => 'Bio::Root::FileOpenException', -text => "Can't open file $file for reading", -value => $!); Catching and handling exceptions using Error.pm try: use Bio::Root::Exception; use Error qw(:try); # Note that we need to import the 'try' tag from Error.pm # Set Error::Debug to include stack trace data in the error messages $Error::Debug = 1; $file = shift; try { open (IN, $file) || throw Bio::Root::FileOpenException ( "Can't open file $file for reading", $!); } catch Bio::Root::FileOpenException with { my $err = shift; print STDERR "Using default input file: $default_file "; open (IN, $default_file) || die "Can't open $default_file"; } otherwise { my $err = shift; print STDERR "An unexpected exception occurred: $err"; # By placing an the error object reference within double quotes, # you're invoking its stringify() method. } finally { # Any code that you want to execute regardless of whether or not # an exception occurred. }; # the ending semicolon is essential! Defining a new Exception type as a subclass of Bio::Root::Exception: @Bio::TestException::ISA = qw( Bio::Root::Exception ); DESCRIPTION
Exceptions defined in Bio::Root::Exception These are generic exceptions for typical problem situations that could arise in any module or script. Bio::Root::Exception() Bio::Root::NotImplemented() Bio::Root::IOException() Bio::Root::FileOpenException() Bio::Root::SystemException() Bio::Root::BadParameter() Bio::Root::OutOfRange() Bio::Root::NoSuchThing() Using defined exception classes like these is a good idea because it indicates the basic nature of what went wrong in a convenient, computable way. If there is a type of exception that you want to throw that is not covered by the classes listed above, it is easy to define a new one that fits your needs. Just write a line like the following in your module or script where you want to use it (or put it somewhere that is accessible to your code): @NoCanDoException::ISA = qw( Bio::Root::Exception ); All of the exceptions defined in this module inherit from a common base class exception, Bio::Root::Exception. This allows a user to write a handler for all Bioperl-derived exceptions as follows: use Bio::Whatever; use Error qw(:try); try { # some code that depends on Bioperl } catch Bio::Root::Exception with { my $err = shift; print "A Bioperl exception occurred: $err "; }; So if you do create your own exceptions, just be sure they inherit from Bio::Root::Exception directly, or indirectly by inheriting from a Bio::Root::Exception subclass. The exceptions in Bio::Root::Exception are extensions of Graham Barr's Error module available from CPAN. Despite this dependency, the Bio::Root::Exception module does not explicitly "require Error". This permits Bio::Root::Exception to be loaded even when Error.pm is not available. Throwing exceptions within Bioperl modules Error.pm is not part of the Bioperl distibution, and may not be present within any given perl installation. So, when you want to throw an exception in a Bioperl module, the safe way to throw it is to use "throw" in Bio::Root::Root which can use Error.pm when it's available. See documentation in Bio::Root::Root for details. SEE ALSO
See the "examples/exceptions" directory of the Bioperl distribution for working demo code. "throw" in Bio::Root::Root for information about throwing Bio::Root::Exception-based exceptions. Error (available from CPAN, author: GBARR) Error.pm is helping to guide the design of exception handling in Perl 6. See these RFC's: http://dev.perl.org/rfc/63.pod http://dev.perl.org/rfc/88.pod AUTHOR
Steve Chervitz <sac@bioperl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001 Steve Chervitz. All Rights Reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. DISCLAIMER
This software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. EXCEPTIONS
Bio::Root::Exception Purpose : A generic base class for all BioPerl exceptions. By including a "catch Bio::Root::Exception" block, you should be able to trap all BioPerl exceptions. Example : throw Bio::Root::Exception("A generic exception", $!); Methods defined by Bio::Root::Exception new Purpose : Guarantees that -value is set properly before calling Error::new(). Arguments: key-value style arguments same as for Error::new() You can also specify plain arguments as ($message, $value) where $value is optional. -value, if defined, must be non-zero and not an empty string in order for eval{}-based exception handlers to work. These require that if($@) evaluates to true, which will not be the case if the Error has no value (Error overloads numeric operations to the Error::value() method). It is OK to create Bio::Root::Exception objects without specifying -value. In this case, an invisible dummy value is used. If you happen to specify a -value of zero(0), it will be replaced by the string "The number zero(0)". If you happen to specify a -value of empty string (""), it will be replaced by the string "An empty string ("")". pretty_format() Purpose : Get a nicely formatted string containing information about the exception. Format is similar to that produced by Bio::Root::Root::throw(), with the addition of the name of the exception class in the EXCEPTION line and some other data available via the Error object. Example : print $error->pretty_format; stringify() Purpose : Overrides Error::stringify() to call pretty_format(). This is called automatically when an exception object is placed between double quotes. Example : catch Bio::Root::Exception with { my $error = shift; print "$error"; } See Also: pretty_format() Subclasses of Bio::Root::Exception Bio::Root::NotImplemented Purpose : Indicates that a method has not been implemented. Example : throw Bio::Root::NotImplemented( -text => "Method "foo" not implemented in module FooBar.", -value => "foo" ); Bio::Root::IOException Purpose : Indicates that some input/output-related trouble has occurred. Example : throw Bio::Root::IOException( -text => "Can't save data to file $file.", -value => $! ); Bio::Root::FileOpenException Purpose : Indicates that a file could not be opened. Example : throw Bio::Root::FileOpenException( -text => "Can't open file $file for reading.", -value => $! ); Bio::Root::SystemException Purpose : Indicates that a system call failed. Example : unlink($file) or throw Bio::Root::SystemException( -text => "Can't unlink file $file.", -value => $! ); Bio::Root::BadParameter Purpose : Indicates that one or more parameters supplied to a method are invalid, unspecified, or conflicting. Example : throw Bio::Root::BadParameter( -text => "Required parameter "-foo" was not specified", -value => "-foo" ); Bio::Root::OutOfRange Purpose : Indicates that a specified (start,end) range or an index to an array is outside the permitted range. Example : throw Bio::Root::OutOfRange( -text => "Start coordinate ($start) cannot be less than zero.", -value => $start ); Bio::Root::NoSuchThing Purpose : Indicates that a requested thing cannot be located and therefore could possibly be bogus. Example : throw Bio::Root::NoSuchThing( -text => "Accession M000001 could not be found.", -value => "M000001" ); perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Root::Exception(3pm)