Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MySQL GRANT permission.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers MySQL GRANT permission. Post 302158489 by mjdousti on Tuesday 15th of January 2008 01:58:39 PM
Old 01-15-2008
MySQL GRANT permission.

Hi,
I'm one of a server administrators. I've the linux root account but I don't know the root password of MySQL (Server version: 5.0.32). I want to GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES to my MySQL account without changing the MySQL's root password. How can I do so?

Last edited by mjdousti; 01-15-2008 at 03:34 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

grant root privileges to ordinary user

Hi, Is it possible to grant root privileges to an ordinary user? Other than 'sudo', is there some way under Users/Groups configuration? I want ordinary user to be able to mount, umount and use command mt. /Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
4 Replies

2. Programming

Grant privileges in Oracle

i have installed oracle 10g and two databases. i enter database1 as sysdba and create a user called user1.i give the privileges as "select on" to user1. i enter sqlplus from the shell prompt. i enter as user1. but when i do "select * from emp" i have a "the table doesn't exist". how can i give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: symeje
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Grant print related privileges

Afternoon everyone, I would want to ask that how/what privileges i should grant to a new user so that the user can clear /disable printing job queue? Solaris OS: 5.9 Thanks. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grant sudo permission

Hi all, I have to grant sudo permission to a user. I have searched online and find that /etc/sudoers file needs to be changed with visudo command. As i am new to linux, this is not clear to me. Can anybody take an example and show me how exactly this done. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the grant statement and output to the different files?

Hi currently I have a list of *.sql files. one of the file, terminal is Prompt Table TERMINAL; CREATE TABLE TERMINAL ( TERMINAL_ID NUMBER(8), EXCEL_TERMINAL_ID NUMBER(8), MERCHANT_ID NUMBER(8), SETTLE_TIME VARCHAR2(4 CHAR) ); COMMENT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission on crontab & mysql

HI, I am using centos 6 and finding difficultly in doing 2 below things. 1. i have a user praveen i want to allow him to create cron job of his own. so i have added his user id in cron.allow but still it is not allowing him to edit(even if i have created praveen from root user) or create his... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar198
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i prepare grant staement with 2 files ?

---file1 ( tables A B C D E F ... ... Z ---file2 Joe Bob Mary Sally Fred Elmer David (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to set ACLs on sulog - need to grant read permission to a normal user on AIX 6.1

Hi, I need to grant read permission to a normal user on sulog file on AIX 6.1. As root I did acledit sulog and aclget shows "extended permissions" as "enabled" and normal user "splunk" has read permissions. When I try to access sulog as splunk user it won't allow and aclget for splunk user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
cvm-mysql(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cvm-mysql(8)

NAME
cvm-mysql - MySQL module SYNOPSIS
cvm-mysql CREDENTIALS
Pass phrase DESCRIPTION
This module queries a MySQL database for the account name, compares the stored pass phrase with the given one using crypt(3). CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_FILE The full path of the defaults file to read if the following variable is set. If not set, the file $HOME/.my.cnf will be read (the MySQL default). CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_GROUP If set, the module will read connection default options from the named group in the defaults file as above CVM_MYSQL_HOST The hostname or IP of the MySQL server. If not set, a connection to the local host is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_USER The MySQL login ID to connect as. If not set, the invoking user is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_PASS The password for the above user. CVM_MYSQL_DB The database name, must be set. CVM_MYSQL_PORT The port number for the TCP/IP connection (only used if the server is not local). CVM_MYSQL_POSTQ (optional) The SQL query to execute after the credentials have been validated, see cvm-sql(7). CVM_MYSQL_PWCMP (optional) The password comparison module to use. CVM_MYSQL_SOCKET The path to the socket that should be used for connections to a local server. CVM_MYSQL_QUERY (optional) The SQL query to issue to retrieve the row containing the account information from the database, see cvm-sql(7). SEE ALSO
cvm-sql(7), cvm-pgsql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/pwcmp/pwcmp.html http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-mysql(8)