Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To Change the user during runtime Post 302158451 by sam_roy on Tuesday 15th of January 2008 10:41:43 AM
Old 01-15-2008
To Change the user during runtime

Hi,

I have a requirement to change the user during runtime within a shell script. Is their any way via which I can change the user by prefeeding the password?

Please reply.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to link to some lib in runtime as a nonsuper user?

My program is written in cpp and it uses a non standard library. I have compiled successfully by linking it to the library. But when i try to run the program. it give a error message like: "error while loading shared libraries: ***.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzz_zzz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change user

Hi, I have to change many times user in a script. With the command su userName I receive the request for password. I need to open a session with another user I would put the password at the beginning. How can I do it? Thanks, bye bye. ---------- Post updated 22-04-10 at 10:58 AM ----------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdujaparov
9 Replies

5. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to change normal user id to LDAP user id?

If I create a new user id test: mkuser id=400 test then I want it to LDAP user: chuser -R LDAP SYSTEM=LDAP registry=LDAP test It shows: 3004-687 User "test" does not exist. How to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passwordless sftp using a different user than the runtime user

I am running a shell script as user A. In that script I need to execute a sftp that would transfer the file using another user B. I am using the below command: sftp -oPort22 B@remote server However, I am getting password prompts each time. I have done the following: Added the public... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Runtime Error Enable user directory apache

Hi I am exactly according to this link CentOS 6 - Apache httpd - Enable Userdir : Server World I Enabled userDirectory Server version: Apache/2.2.15 CentOS release 6.8 (Final) But Iget this Error Forbidden You don't have permission to access /~mn/index.html on this server Goal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change user

Hi All, need your assistance, how can i change user again after i change my user. here is the code that i tried su - myuser #success su - webuser ##what i want to try is to change user again to webuser from myuser account my output is it cannot change to webuser account. only in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: meister29
8 Replies
lusermod(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       lusermod(8)

NAME
lusermod - Modify an user SYNOPSIS
lusermod [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Modifies the user with name user. OPTIONS
-c, --gecos=gecos Set user's GECOS field to gecos. The GECOS field is traditionally used to store user's real name and other information. -d, --directory=directory Set user's home directory to directory. -g, --gid=gid Change user's primary group ID to gid. If group with ID gid does not exist, a warning is printed, but the operation is performed anyway. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -L, --lock Lock user's account. This prevents logging in using user's password. -l, --login=name Rename user to name. -m, --movedirectory After changing user's home directory (using the -d option), move the old home directory to the new location. -P, --plainpassword=password Set user's password to password. Note that the password can be viewed while running lusermod using tools such as ps(1). -p, --password=encrypted Set user's password to the password represented by the hash encrypted. Note that the hash can be viewed while running lusermod using tools such as ps(1). -s, --shell=shell Set user's login shell to shell. -U, --unlock Unlock user's account. -u, --uid=uid Change user's user ID to uid. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Feb 27 2008 lusermod(8)