Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VxVM filesystem resize
Operating Systems Solaris VxVM filesystem resize Post 302158252 by blowtorch on Monday 14th of January 2008 07:23:50 PM
Old 01-14-2008
So I should run vxresize to resize the filesystem to, say, 200G and then run vxassist? I just want to know exactly what I am going to have to do, because there is a netbackup master server running on that filesystem and obviously we do not want any data loss...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VxVM

All solaris rescue gurus out there .... I've a Solaris 2.6 E450 on which my sysadmin guy has deleted every file (not sub-directories) from the /etc directory. The machine is (was) running Vxvm with the root volume encapsulated. I've tried booting from CDROM, mounting the root volume... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy11983
3 Replies

2. AIX

Filesystem resize (AIX 5.3)

Hi.. I have to resize a partition(filesystem). I mean reduce the size one particular partition and increase the size of another. What should I do?? Pls help Bala (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

3. SuSE

Resize Root Filesystem in SUSE Linux

Hello Experts, I am very new to unix environment. Root filesystem in one of our Linux boxes has almost reached 100%. is there a procedure/ way to resize the root filesystem. ****************************************************** ld8331:/ # df -h|more Filesystem Size Used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok1784
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resize a filesystem in solaris 10

i am facing a problem, i would like to resize a file system called /pcard04 i am not useing any voulme manager and we have a NETAPP center storge. what i did is root@cms-dev # df -h | grep /pcard04 /dev/dsk/c4t60A9800043346C35636F2D6D4F354743d0s0 5.2G 4.0G 1.0G 80% /pcard04 then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

vxvm

hi all, how can we check whether vxvm is installed in our system or not in solaris? Thanks in advance dinu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

9. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to resize filesystem by resizing the LUN without impact to applications.?

Is it possible to resize a filesystem by resizing the LUN on RHEL 6.4 64-bit with LVM and no impact to running applications? The research I have done so far seems to take the approach of adding a new LUN and then expaning the volume group to the new LUN. I'm looking for an approach that avoids a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aenagy
7 Replies
RESIZE_REISERFS(8)					      System Manager's Manual						RESIZE_REISERFS(8)

NAME
resize_reiserfs - resizer tool for the ReiserFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
resize_reiserfs [ -s [+|-]size[K|M|G] ] [ -j dev ] [ -fqv ] device DESCRIPTION
The resize_reiserfs tool resizes an unmounted reiserfs file system. It enlarges or shrinks an reiserfs file system located on a device so that it will have size bytes or size=old_size +(-) size bytes if the + or - prefix is used. If the -s option is not specified, the filesystem will be resized to fill the given device. The size parameter may have one of the optional modifiers K, M, G, which means the size parameter is given in kilo-, mega-, gigabytes respectively. The resize_reiserfs program does not manipulate the size of the device. If you wish to enlarge a filesystem, you must make sure you expand the underlying device first. This can be done using cfdisk(8) for partitions, by deleting the partition and recreating it with a larger size (assuming there is free space after the partition in question). Make sure you re-create it with the same starting disk cylinder as before! Otherwise, the resize operation will certainly not work, and you may lose your entire filesystem. The resize_reiserfs program allows to grow a reiserfs on-line if there is a free space on block device. If you wish to shrink a reiserfs partition, first use resize_reiserfs to shrink the file system. You may then use cfdisk(8) to shrink the device. When shrinking the size of the device, make sure you do not make it smaller than the reduced size of the reiserfs filesystem. OPTIONS
-s [+|-]size Set the new size in bytes. -j dev Set the journal device name. -f Force, do not perform checks. -q Do not print anything but error messages. -v Turn on extra progress status messages (default). RETURN VALUES
0 Resizing successful. -1 Resizing not successful. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how to test resize_reiserfs. Suppose 2Gb reiserfs filesystem is created on the device /dev/hda8 and is mounted on /mnt. For shrinking the device we need to unmount it first, then run resize_reiserfs with a size parameter (in this case -1Gb): df umount /mnt resize_reiserfs -s -1G /dev/hda8 mount /dev/hda8 /mnt df /mnt AUTHOR
This version of resize_reiserfs has been written by Alexander Zarochentcev <zam@namesys.com>. BUGS
Please report bugs to the ReiserFS developers <reiserfs-dev@namesys.com>, providing as much information as possible--your hardware, kernel, patches, settings, all printed messages; check the syslog file for any related information. SEE ALSO
cfdisk(8), reiserfsck(8), debugreiserfs(8) Reiserfsprogs-3.6.21 January 2009 RESIZE_REISERFS(8)