Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP & login
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP & login Post 302158152 by System Shock on Monday 14th of January 2008 02:01:54 PM
Old 01-14-2008
Again, access through FTP requires a login to the host. If you want to give users access to /huge without letting them log into the host /huge is mounted on, the easiest way would be to share that drive through NFS, and within /huge, create a directory that's writable to them where they can put their stuff.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP login failing

Please help. I am running Solaris 8 trying to get my FTP to work. When I try to access the FTP server from another computer on the network, it connects and prompts for a password. The username and password I set up do not work as well as my root account. Neither of the accounts are set up in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbis12
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

login & password

I bought a pentium 2 (office auction) for my country home. When I turned it on it had Unix. It asks me for a login and password. I don't have these and since I don't know Unix I want to reformat the drive or at least be able to install Windows. I can't get past the Login and password promt. Anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cab
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 slow login thru ssh & ftp

When I ssh to my box, an Ultra 5. I get prompted for password immediately. I enter it and have to wait sometimes a full minute for it to prompt for a password. The same thing happens when i try to ftp to the box, it will say connected, but it takes forever to prompt for password, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP login problem

I've just configured a server to my network (setting the ip, netmask, host file, etc...) and the server doesn't have any problem pinging another computer on the network. however when i try to connect to the server via ftp the root account can't log in, i made another account (a standard one that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasalagua
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

limit non login id for ftp

Hi All, How can I limit a userid (/bin/false) to have access only to ftp service? On redhat ent 4. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Solaris

FTP login failed.

Hi guys, Can you please help me. I have SUN V100 server running solaris 8. I also have a Redhat Linux 6.2 machine and a windows XP machine on the network. I'm trying to copy files from the Linux and XP machines to the V100 server. When I try to ftp to the solaris machine, I'm challenged... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

I can't login to any new FTP accounts

I have a website that I use sftp to connect to the root account. I am able to connect to it with sftp root@domainHowever, when I create a new user, and try to login with this account, it says permission is denied. I have already checked with my provider, and tech support said they can login... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevthefatty
9 Replies

8. Solaris

FTP log only shows FTP LOGIN FROM entry?

OS: Solaris 9 Configuration /etc/syslog.conf daemon.debug /etc/inetd.conf ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd -A -l -d Found the ftp.log only generate those entries from other servers/hosts. Can we trace on all ftp entries either from/to the server? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp login commands

Hello, I am using ftp on command line. The problem is getting bumped off after 15 minutes of no activity.. I have two options: quit ftp and use the command history of my shell, or stay in ftp and use 'open' command, where I can use the command history saved in the ftp program. Either option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Allasso
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
HUGETLBFS_FIND_PATH(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    HUGETLBFS_FIND_PATH(3)

NAME
hugetlbfs_find_path, hugetlbfs_find_path_for_size - Locate an appropriate hugetlbfs mount point SYNOPSIS
#include <hugetlbfs.h> const char *hugetlbfs_find_path(void); const char *hugetlbfs_find_path_for_size(long page_size); DESCRIPTION
These functions return a pathname for a mounted hugetlbfs filesystem for the appropriate huge page size. For hugetlbfs_find_path, the default huge page size is used (see gethugepagesize(3)). For hugetlbfs_find_path_for_size, a valid huge page size must be specified (see gethugepagesizes(3)). RETURN VALUE
On success, a non-NULL value is returned. On failure, NULL is returned. SEE ALSO
libhugetlbfs(7), gethugepagesize(3), gethugepagesizes(3) AUTHORS
libhugetlbfs was written by various people on the libhugetlbfs-devel mailing list. March 7, 2012 HUGETLBFS_FIND_PATH(3)