Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Certification Programme for Unix Shell Scripting Post 302158115 by Anirudh C on Monday 14th of January 2008 08:28:39 AM
Old 01-14-2008
to anksdesire

hey you can do brainbench certification for C..

Last edited by Anirudh C; 01-14-2008 at 09:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

porting a unix programme to linux??what matters

My question is: difference between unix and linux in terms of compiler, file system, ANSI compliance, standard liabrary issues, threading issues, operating system calls memory issues..ie whether these things wud cause problems while porting a unix programme to linux.? I think answer is depend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasoon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile the c programme in unix

Hi, My name is vreddy and I am learning c language now and written one programme on vi editor. how do I compile the programme please give me some advice and that would be helpfull for me. thanks vre (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasudeva
10 Replies

4. Programming

How to call the C Programme in UNIX shell scripting...?

Hi All, How to call the C programme in UNIX shell scripting? please send me some sample script for the above scenario. Regards, MPS:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell script Certification for oracle developer.

hi friends, I would like to do the certification in Korn shell scripts { i am using HP UNIX machine }. is there any certification for UNIX shell script . If yes please tell me the details . i am junior level oracle plsql developer . i interseted in unix shell scripting . i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

which is the Very basic certification on unix shell scripting?

Hi, I am very new to this forum, can any one tell me which is the very basic certification on unix shell scripting? please give me an advice on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: Certification on Shell Scripting

Hi all, Please let me know whether any certifications are there for Shell Scripting. (Not Brainbench). If any one know pls post the details. Thanks in advnce.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in UNIX Shell Scripting

Requirement is :- 1. there will be daily monthly and on demad flat files coming in SourceDir folder in unix. I want that if daily files are copied in the folder then my script shd check that if files are copied and are correct then process to load files trigger otherwise send a mail to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ruchi A
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting

I am new to Unix.. Can someone please help me to understand the concept of Login shell and non login shell ? what exactly the difference between them :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokita jain
1 Replies
NE_SSL_SET_VERIFY(3)						neon API reference					      NE_SSL_SET_VERIFY(3)

NAME
ne_ssl_set_verify - register an SSL certificate verification callback SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_session.h> typedef int ne_ssl_verify_fn(void *userdata, int failures, const ne_ssl_certificate *cert); void ne_ssl_set_verify(ne_session *session, ne_ssl_verify_fn verify_fn, void *userdata); DESCRIPTION
To enable manual SSL certificate verification, a callback can be registered using ne_ssl_set_verify. If such a callback is not registered, when a connection is established to an SSL server which does not present a certificate signed by a trusted CA (see ne_ssl_trust_cert), or if the certificate presented is invalid in some way, the connection will fail. When the callback is invoked, the failures parameter gives a bitmask indicating in what way the automatic certificate verification failed. The value is equal to the bit-wise OR of one or more of the following constants (and is guaranteed to be non-zero): NE_SSL_NOTYETVALID The certificate is not yet valid. NE_SSL_EXPIRED The certificate has expired. NE_SSL_IDMISMATCH The hostname used for the session does not match the hostname to which the certificate was issued. NE_SSL_UNTRUSTED The Certificate Authority which signed the certificate is not trusted. Note that if either of the NE_SSL_IDMISMATCH or NE_SSL_UNTRUSTED failures is given, the connection may have been intercepted by a third party, and must not be presumed to be "secure". The cert parameter passed to the callback represents the certificate which was presented by the server. If the server presented a chain of certificates, the chain can be accessed using ne_ssl_cert_signedby. The cert object given is not valid after the callback returns. RETURN VALUE
The verification callback must return zero to indicate that the certificate should be trusted; and non-zero otherwise (in which case, the connection will fail). EXAMPLES
The following code implements an example verification callback, using the dump_cert function from ne_ssl_cert_subject to display certification information. Notice that the hostname of the server used for the session is passed as the userdata parameter to the callback. static int my_verify(void *userdata, int failures, const ne_ssl_certificate *cert) { const char *hostname = userdata; dump_cert(cert); puts("Certificate verification failed - the connection may have been " "intercepted by a third party!"); if (failures & NE_SSL_IDMISMATCH) { const char *id = ne_ssl_cert_identity(cert); if (id) printf("Server certificate was issued to '%s' not '%s'. ", id, hostname); else printf("The certificate was not issued for '%s' ", hostname); } if (failures & NE_SSL_UNTRUSTED) puts("The certificate is not signed by a trusted Certificate Authority."); /* ... check for validity failures ... */ if (prompt_user()) return 1; /* fail verification */ else return 0; /* trust the certificate anyway */ } int main(...) { ne_session *sess = ne_session_create("https", "some.host.name", 443); ne_ssl_set_verify(sess, my_verify, "some.host.name"); ... } SEE ALSO
ne_ssl_trust_cert, ne_ssl_readable_dname, ne_ssl_cert_subject AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_SSL_SET_VERIFY(3)