Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Post a Cool Music Video (Part I) Post 302158111 by sysgate on Monday 14th of January 2008 08:16:51 AM
Old 01-14-2008
Metallica - Wherever I May Roam feat. San Francisco Symphony
Metallica - Wherever I May Roam(S&M)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Cool YouTube Video: Here Comes Another Bubble - The Richter Scales!

You will like this :) fi4fzvQ6I-o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part II)

This thread is a continuation of Post a Cool Music Video (Part I). See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. And I will start things off with.... Throwing Fire At The Sun by Heather Nova QXq44BPL-wo (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
11 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part III)

This thread is a continuation of Post a Cool Music Video (Part I). See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. And I will start things off with.... Operator by Jim Croce A2iS8XctJKo (9 Replies)
9 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Cool video

Grand Central Big Freeze jwMj3PJDxuo It looks as tho it's movie scene from M. Night Shyamalan :b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part IV)

This thread is a continuation of Post a Cool Music Video (Part I). See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. And I will start things off with.... Beyond The Invisible by Enigma hx2jrunyGjE (16 Replies)
16 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part V)

This thread is a continuation of Post a Cool Music Video (Part I). See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. And I will start things off with.... Octavarium by Dream Theater xK3qylwd-M0 (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part VII)

We post videos by linking them in from youtube. Videos from other sites are not absolutely forbidden, but we know that youtube won't tolerate videos that we won't tolerate. We have instructions on how to post youtube videos: How to use youtube tags. Please follow the format in those instructions to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating Music Video

i'm flex developer and i'm not familiar with this world. i need to make out of mp3, bitmaps , flv, text a music clip. can i do it with shell? can i use some video editing program on the server ? thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigalmaria
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part VI)

A few years ago we had a series of threads where we posted music videos. Let's try another one and see what happens. :) We post videos by linking them in from youtube. Videos from other sites are not absolutely forbidden, but we know that youtube won't tolerate videos that we won't... (18 Replies)
18 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part VIII)

We've all heard this, right? 9bZkp7q19f0 Post some cool music...! You may want to review the earlier threads:Part I Part II Part III Part IV Part V Part VI Part VII (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
3 Replies
comm(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   comm(1)

NAME
comm - Compares two sorted files. SYNOPSIS
comm [-123] file1 file2 STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: command: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
Suppresses output of the first column (lines in file1 only). Suppresses output of the second column (lines in file2 only). Suppresses output of the third column (lines common to file1 and file2). The command comm -123 produces no output. OPERANDS
A pathname of the first file to be compared. If file1 is a hyphen (-), the standard input is used. A pathname of the second file to be compared. If file2 is a hyphen (-), the standard input is used. If both file1 and file2 refer to standard input or to the same FIFO special, block special or character special file, the results are unde- fined. DESCRIPTION
The comm command reads file1 and file2 and writes three columns to standard output, showing which lines are common to the files and which are unique to each. The leftmost column of standard output includes lines that are in file1 only. The middle column includes lines that are in file2 only. The rightmost column includes lines that are in both file1 and file2. If you specify a hyphen (-) in place of one of the file names, comm reads standard input. Generally, file1 and file2 should be sorted according to the collating sequence specified by the LC_COLLATE environment variable. (See sort(1).) If the input files are not sorted properly, the output of comm might not be useful. EXIT STATUS
Successful completion. Error occurred. EXAMPLES
In the following examples, file1 contains the following sorted list of North American cities: Anaheim Baltimore Boston Chicago Cleveland Dallas Detroit Kansas City Milwaukee Minneapolis New York Oakland Seattle Toronto The second file, file2, contains this sorted list: Atlanta Chicago Cincinnati Houston Los Angeles Montreal New York Philadelphia Pittsburgh San Diego San Francisco St. Louis To display the lines unique to each file and common to the two files, enter: comm file1 file2 This command results in the following output: Anaheim Atlanta Baltimore Boston Chicago Cincinnati Cleveland Dal- las Detroit Houston Kansas City Los Angeles Milwaukee Minneapolis Montreal New York Oakland Philadel- phia Pittsburgh San Diego San Francisco Seattle St. Louis Toronto The leftmost column contains lines in file1 only, the middle column contains lines in file2 only, and the rightmost column contains lines common to both files. To display any one or two of the three output columns, include the appropriate flags to suppress the columns you do not want. For example, the following command displays columns 1 and 2 only: comm -3 file1 file2 Anaheim Atlanta Baltimore Boston Cincinnati Cleveland Dallas Detroit Houston Kansas City Los Angeles Milwaukee Minneapolis Montreal Oakland Philadelphia Pittsburgh San Diego San Francisco Seattle St. Louis Toronto The following command displays output from only the second column: comm -13 file1 file2 Atlanta Cincinnati Houston Los Angeles Montreal Philadelphia Pittsburgh San Diego San Francisco St. Louis The following command displays output from only the third column: comm -12 file1 file2 Chicago New York SEE ALSO
Commands: cmp(1), diff(1), sdiff(1), sort(1), uniq(1) comm(1)