Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tuning kernel parameters
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users tuning kernel parameters Post 302157914 by JamesByars on Sunday 13th of January 2008 04:25:54 PM
Old 01-13-2008
Thanks for your reply

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

kernel parameters

I want to change some kernel parameters in HP-UX11, to do with Oracle upgrade/install. I know this is done using SAM. I am told SAM will not let you enter values outside the allowable range. Could anyone tell me if they have experienced anything different? In Solaris, I would copy the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

2. AIX

Disk tuning parameters

I swapped out 2 72 gb disk drives for 2 146 gb drives, both of which spin at 15k. Are there any I/O parameters I should modify or can modify to get the most out of the new disks? Thanks, Mike M. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravy26
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Kernel parameters.

I've been trying to find out the following parameters of our Unix box: ==>OS version ==> patch level and the following kernel parameters =>maxfiles_lim =>maxvgs =>nproc =>msgmni =>ncsize =>nfile Could someone help me how would I find the above(commands)? Thanks, Bhagat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
1 Replies

4. Solaris

maxuser - kernel tuning solaris 8

Hi all Seem to have a concurrent processes issue on a server of mine. At peak times, the application vendor reckons we need to up the amount, as it is reaching its limit and preventing any more processes. Looking in /etc/system, nothing has been set, so server is running with default... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

5. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Kernel Parameters

Dear All, I want to check whether all essential kernel parameters are installed in my Solaris 10 System. Is there any way to find it. And also how to tune it. Kindly help. Thanks and Regards Rj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What exactly does Kernel parameters do ?

Virtual Machine running on VMWare workstation 9.2 os : RHEL 5.8 RAM : 2.5GB Swap : 2.6gb CPU : 1 virtual CPU Surprizingly I couldn't find much from googling on What exactly does Kernel parameters do ? I was under the impression that kernel parameters just set the limits/maximum for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
2 Replies

9. AIX

Network tuning parameters on AIX

Hi, we've a gigabit Ethernet adapter. And we wanted to improve the performance by tuning network parameters. so' as per IBM info center, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/aix/v7r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.aix.prftungd%2Fdoc%2Fprftungd%2Fnetw_opt.htm we tried changing the tuning... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
2 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)