Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calculating variance in perl programming Post 302157807 by shamrock on Saturday 12th of January 2008 02:44:29 PM
Old 01-12-2008
I though you were trying to do this in C Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL - DB programming

Hi friends, What are the possible ways to connect to DB2 database from Perl (on unix). I need to connect to DB2 and get records for further processing. Can you please suggest the best possible way. I heard about DBI/DBD, if you have some sample scripts please post them too. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satguyz
3 Replies

2. Programming

C language to calculate mean,variance

Here I want to calculate mean,variance and sum from a file 1.1*2*4*22*211*22*12*22*22*11 2.2*2*22*12*22*11*11*122*33*22 3.9*7*22*88*87*98*67*66*56*66*11 As this is a large file and i am trying to write in c where formulae of MEAN = 1/N (X1...+..Xn) Variance = square root of 1/N-1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk total and variance

File1 0358 Not Visible ***:* NA:NA RDF1+TDEV Grp'd (M) RW 102413 0359 Not Visible ***:* NA:NA RDF1+TDEV N/Grp'd (m) RW - 035A Not Visible ***:* NA:NA RDF1+TDEV N/Grp'd (m) RW - 035B Not Visible ***:* NA:NA ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
2 Replies

4. Programming

Programming help - Perl !

I am having a text file with Vivek 50 Ram 34 Hulk 45 Vivek 23 Ram 23 Vivek 55 Now I need a perl script to display the fields of 1st column & the 2nd column with summation (& avoid the duplicates). Vivek 128 Ram 57 hulk 45 Plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
1 Replies

5. Programming

Help me with perl programming

Hi, i am very beginer to perl, I am reading one xml file and i am creating hash table for that file. i written code like this #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; use XML::LibXML::Reader; #Reading XML with a pull parser my $file; open( $file, 'formal.xml'); my $reader =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl programming

how to link the linux files in perl on the local webpage ???? suppose we have some results and want to get them published on the local webpage of our internal site. how this can be done using HTML and perl together , so that the results are published directly on the webpage. thanks kullu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kullu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating Running Variance Using Awk

Hi all, I am attempting to calculate a running variance for a file containing a column of numbers. I am using the formula variance=sum((x-mean(x))^2)/(n-1), where x is the value on the current row, and mean(x) is the average of all of the values up until that row. n represents the total number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK sample variance

I would like to calculate 1/n In awk, I wrote the following line for the sigma summation: { summ+=($1-average)^2 } Full code: BEGIN { Print "This script calculate error estimates"; sum=0 } { sum+=$1; n++ } END { average = sum/n } BEGIN { summ=0 } { summ+=($1-average)^2 } END { print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare sum of two columns if variance is zero do nothing else send an email

11☺Hi, I have to data sets: One is in .txt format and other is in .csv format, please refer below two outputs from two files. File1.txt SOURCE PAYDATE TOTAL_DOLLARS RECORD_COUNT ASSET 05/25/2018 247643.94 ASSET 06/20/2018 ... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tahir_M
27 Replies
IPMIPING(8)							  System Commands						       IPMIPING(8)

NAME
ipmiping - send IPMI Get Authentication Capabilitiy request to network hosts SYNOPSIS
ipmiping [OPTION...] destination DESCRIPTION
ipmiping uses the IPMI Get Channel Authentication Capabilities request datagram to elicit an IPMI Get Channel Authentication Capabilitiesl response from a remote host. The utility can be used to verify if a remote host supports IPMI. The initial starting sequence number will be randomized. ipmiping will return 0 to the environment if it receives atleast 1 response from the remote host. Otherwise, it exists with a value of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are available -h Output help menu. -V Output version. -c count Stop after sending count packets. -i interval Wait interval seconds between sending each packet. The default is to wait for one second between each packet. -I interface address Set source address to specified interface address. Argument may be numeric IP address or name of device. -t timeout Time to wait for a response, in seconds. Default is five seconds. -v Verbose output. -s num Specify an initial starting sequence number. The default is to use a random initial sequence number. -d Turn on debugging. -r version Specify IPMI version. Available options are "1.5" and "2.0". Default is to use "1.5". Note that packets will always be sent with the IPMI 1.5 protocol, but IPMI 1.5 vs IPMI 2.0 relevant fields will be communicated in the Get Channel Authentication Capabilities datagram depending on user choice. KNOWN ISSUES
It has been observed that some remote BMCs can get "confused" and delay packet responses if duplicate packets (with duplicate sequence num- bers) are sent in succession very quickly. There is no known way to cleanly deal with a "confused" BMC other than the wait awhile. Unlike ping(8), local network devicess (e.g. 127.0.0.1) cannot be "pinged". REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <freeipmi-users@gnu.org> or <freeipmi-devel@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2003-2007 The Regents of the University of California. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. ORIGIN
Command and manpage based off ping(8). SEE ALSO
freeipmi(7), ping(8), rmcpping(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ ipmiping 1.1.5 2012-06-15 IPMIPING(8)