Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c Post 302157636 by leelm on Friday 11th of January 2008 02:37:14 PM
Old 01-11-2008
Thank you!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help

How can i make something like if (echo "$arg2" | egrep -s '^+\.+km/h+$|^+km/h+$'); then not to output the value of $arg2 on the screen, evertime i get match it outputs the value of the variable on the screen which i don't need to do. I know for grep its -q option but it doesn't work for egrep.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vozx
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with egrep

I have a file called alert.log containing the following: WARNING: received KRVX_OPER_CANNOT_SUPPORT knlldmm: gdbnm=CROOP knlldmm: objn=23793 knlldmm: objv=1 knlldmm: scn=5189816456 knllgobjinfo: MISSING Streams multi-version data dictionary!!! knlldmm: gdbnm=FDROP knlldmm: objn=49385... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: akDBA
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep

Hi, I don't understand what is the correct way of writing: egrep -l '{$min,$max} $pattern' $filename I tryed to search on google how to wtrite {$min, $max}, but I don't have success (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help

Hi there, Im having some issues using egrep, I have a text file containing server logs: the user imputs 2 arguments, which are error checked and made into $searchMonth $searchYear respectivley. I then do the grep command: egrep /$searchMonth/ $file | egrep /$searchYear: | wc -l ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Darklight
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search ")" with egrep - egrep: syntax error

Hi Guys, we have a shell script which basically query the Database which retrieves huge data and use the data with "egrep" . Now there is some data which contains characters like "abc)" and the same is used like below : "egrep (.+\|GDPRAB16\|GDPR/11702 96 abc)\|$ temp.txt" now while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed and awk cheat sheet

Where can I get sed and awk cheat sheet ? Need to look for usage of special charaters and meta charaters (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitagi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep

Hi, I need to search for a exact word in a file and I have a list of allowable values in a list file. I search something like this using egrep -f option: >egrep -f list.txt data.txt New New York NewYork > list.txt file has the allowable value for search and this file can be edited to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

vi/vim "cheat sheet"

https://www.unix.com/members/neo-albums-forum-pics-picture523-vi-vim-cheat-sheet.jpg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep

Hi I am trying to run CMD that combining EGREP and PERL in multiple files cat *07:00.22-12-13.txt | egrep" NAME| perl -ne 'print if /^sid9/ .. /^!/' " I need the see the NAME and the text from sid9 to ! how can I use the EGERP in parallel to the PERL ? This is one file Qqq... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharong
2 Replies
CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)

NAME
CSS::DOM::Rule - CSS rule class for CSS::DOM VERSION
Version 0.14 SYNOPSIS
use CSS::DOM::Rule ':all'; # import constants use CSS::DOM; $sheet = new CSS::DOM; $sheet->insertRule('bla blah blah {}'); $rule = $sheet->cssRules->[0]; $rule->type; # STYLE_RULE $rule->cssText; # 'bla blah blah {}' or similar $rule->cssText('p { margin: 0 }'); # replace it $rule->parentStyleSheet; # $sheet DESCRIPTION
This module provides the CSS rule class for CSS::DOM. It implements the CSSRule and CSSUnknownRule DOM interfaces. METHODS
Constructor Only call the constructor on this class to create an 'unknown' rule. You have to call the constructor on a particular subclass to get another type. Normally you do not need to call this directly anyway. (See CSS::DOM's "parse" and "insertRule" methods.) But just in case you do want to call it, here it is: new CSS::DOM::Rule $parent; # unknown rule require CSS::DOM::Rule::Style new CSS::DOM::Rule::Style $parent; # etc. $parent is the parent rule, if the rule is nested, or the parent style sheet otherwise. Object Methods type Returns one of the constants below indicating the type of rule. cssText Returns this rule's CSS code. If you pass an argument, it will be parsed as the new CSS code for this rule (replacing the existing data), and the old value will be returned. This method will die if the replacement CSS code creates a different type of rule. parentStyleSheet This returns the style sheet to which the rule belongs. parentRule This returns the rule's parent rule, if there is one, or an empty list otherwise. There is only a parent rule if this one is nested, e.g., inside a media rule. EXPORTS
The following constants that indicate the type of rule will be exported on request (individually or with the ':all' tag): UNKNOWN_RULE STYLE_RULE CHARSET_RULE IMPORT_RULE MEDIA_RULE FONT_FACE_RULE PAGE_RULE SEE ALSO
CSS::DOM CSS::DOM::Rule::Style CSS::DOM::Rule::Media CSS::DOM::Rule::Page CSS::DOM::Rule::Import perl v5.10.1 2010-12-10 CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)