Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please Explain me the output
Top Forums Programming Please Explain me the output Post 302157471 by vikashtulsiyan on Friday 11th of January 2008 03:34:57 AM
Old 01-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
What compiler and on what platform is it giving this output? I am unable to duplicate your results.

am using SUNOS 5.9 with cc compiler

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the output of the command....

Explain the output of the command “sort -rfn file1 | more” (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wickbc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can any one explain this ${0##/}

I did not understand what is ${0##/} PGM=${0##/} TMP=/tmp/${PGM}.$$ Please explain me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadege
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this

if then echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>" exit fi if --------------what does this mean??? echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>"---pls explain this as well (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsdba.nitin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain this example

hi all i have an example i want one help me to understand cause i tried to test it but almost fail and i don't know how can i solve this problem " the main idea to read from two files and replace something from one to another " but i don't understand why it fail all time $ cat main.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

5. Programming

Explain output

#include<signal.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> sigcatcher() { printf("pid=%d",getpid()); signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); //line1 } main() { int ppid; signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); if(fork()==0) { sleep(5); ppid=getppid(); while(1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gol007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone please explain this??

cur_fy=`grep "CONSOL" $GLDATA/parms/cur_fiscalyear.lis | awk '{print $2}' Here i don't understand "CONSOL" and awk'{print$2) Please help me out cur_fiscalyear.lis contents : DL 2011 MOL 2011 MV 2011 SF 2010 CONSOL 2011 MVU 2011 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need explain

Dear unix team i'm user for a system build on unix system ,so we need to run a lot of scripts not in one sission but every script on the associated terminal , so the script name = the name of the terminal which will run this script on it . and someone create a batch that make as below : 1- but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fofatoti
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Help Explain the output of probe-scsi

Can anyone explain the output of probe-scsi command below? ok probe-scsi Target 0 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A Target 1 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A I have no idea what it means. I tried to read online but I still did not understand. I appreciate... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat -an output, pls. explain..

Hi, I have old SCO O/S. System keeps crashing. I made lot of changes to kernel but so for nothing helped. I wrote a script which takes netstat -an output every one minute. I saw some thing right before the system crashed. Not sure if this means anything.. uname -a SCO_SV djx2 3.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies
uil(user cmd)															     uil(user cmd)

NAME
uil -- The user interface language compiler SYNOPSIS
uil [options ] [file] DESCRIPTION
The uil command invokes the UIL compiler. The User Interface Language (UIL) is a specification language for describing the initial state of a user interface for a Motif application. The specification describes the objects (menus, dialog boxes, labels, push buttons, and so on) used in the interface and specifies the routines to be called when the interface changes state as a result of user interaction. file Specifies the file to be compiled through the UIL compiler. options Specifies one or more of the following options: -Ipathname This option causes the compiler to look for include files in the directory specified if the include files have not been found in the paths that already were searched. Specify this option followed by a pathname, with no intervening spaces. -m Machine code is listed. This directs the compiler to place in the listing file a description of the records that it added to the User Interface Database (UID). This helps you isolate errors. The default is no machine code. -o file Directs the compiler to produce a UID. By default, UIL creates a UID with the name a.uid. The file specifies the filename for the UID. No UID is produced if the compiler issues any diagnostics categorized as error or severe. UIDs are portable only across same-size machine architectures. -s Directs the compiler to set the locale before compiling any files. The locale is set in an implementation-dependent manner. On ANSI C-based systems, the locale is usually set by calling setlocale(LC_ALL, ""). If this option is not specified, the compiler does not set the locale. -v file Directs the compiler to generate a listing. The file specifies the filename for the listing. If the -v option is not present, no listing is generated by the compiler. The default is no listing. -w Specifies that the compiler suppress all warning and informational messages. If this option is not present, all mes- sages are generated, regardless of the severity. -wmd file Specifies a binary widget meta-language description file to be used in place of the default WML description. RELATED INFORMATION
X(1) and Uil(3). uil(user cmd)