Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching for + sign in a string using awk Post 302157469 by Klashxx on Friday 11th of January 2008 03:30:23 AM
Old 01-11-2008
Shorter one:

Code:
> echo "asd sasa+ sd+lvdh dfh xyz+ shfks dfbv ddfd+\c"|awk 'match($0,/\+$/)' RS=" "       
sasa+
xyz+
ddfd+

Or:

Code:
> echo 'asd sasa+ sd+lvdh dfh xyz+ shfks dfbv ddfd+'|awk 'gsub(/\n/," ");match($0,/\+$/)' RS=" " 
sasa+
xyz+
ddfd+

Or:
Code:
> echo "asd sasa+ sd+lvdh dfh xyz+ shfks dfbv ddfd+"|awk 'gsub(/\n/," ");index($0,"+") == (length) ' RS=" "                       
sasa+
xyz+
ddfd+

Or:
Code:
> echo "asd sasa+ sd+lvdh dfh xyz+ shfks dfbv ddfd+\c"|awk 'index($0,"+") == (length) ' RS=" "               
sasa+
xyz+
ddfd+

Last edited by Klashxx; 01-11-2008 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: Another option added.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

one more query for searching string.......

Dear friends, I have one more query, incase a file contains multiple tags of same name, then how to get the required string between the tags, in which the string begins with "O/M" i.e., file1.txt contains following text(please note that all the following tags are in single line)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sign on/Sign off logging script

I'd like to make a script that I can execute every time I sign on to my linux box that keeps track of the time and allows to me to add a remark to a file. So basically once I log in, I run the script, and it outputs the date and time to a text file (log.txt). But that isn't my problem. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glider
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for a string in a file

I need to search for a specific string in a file and if this string exist I need to replace it with something else. I am not sure how I could do this, using an if statement. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching the required string and appending string to it.

Hi all, I have some data in the form of adc|nvhs|nahssn|njadnk|nkfds in the above data i need to write a script so thet it will append "|||" to the third occurnace in the string ..... the outout should look like adc|nvhs|nahssn||||njadnk|nkfds Thanks, Firestar. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a String

Hi everyone ! suppose i'm searching for a specific string in a file so it is very easy, i use the following command grep 'keyword' file_name but how to search a word which is repeated maximum number of times in a file, for example in the following text i have to search a word which is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ourned
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get data from hex file using SED or AWK based on pattern sign

I have a binary (hex) file I need to parse to get some data which are encoded this way: .* b4 . . . 01 12 .* af .* 83 L1 x1 x2 xL 84 L2 y1 y2 yL By another words there is a stream of hexadecimal bytes (in my example separated by space for better readability). I need to get value stored in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameucho
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert sign every n character (awk)

Hi, For example, I would like to insert a pipe every 4 characters for each second field (including after the last block). input (coma separated): line1,AAAABBBBCCCCDDDDEEEE line2,FFFFGGGGHHHHIIIIJJJJ output: line1,AAAA|BBBB|CCCC|DDDD|EEEE| line2,FFFF|GGGG|HHHH|IIII|JJJJ| my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage sign causing awk problems

looks like awk gets confused when there's a % next to a number. command im running: awk -F" " '/phxnaz001b/ && /vol/ && NF { if (($NF >= 80) && ($NF < 83)) { print ; print ; w++ } else if ($NF >= 83) { print ; c++ } } END { printf("%d:OK %d:WARNING %d:CRITICAL\n", o, w, c) }' /tmp/test.log ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: greater than sign is working upside down

Hi, I noticed a weird behaviour with awk. input: A|B|1-100|blabla_35_40_blabla;blabla_53_60_blabla;blabla_90_110_blabla Objective: For each string separated by ';' in $4, if the first and second numbers are included in the interval in $3, then print "TRUE". Otherwise print "FALSE". In... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)