Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file permission script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file permission script Post 302157467 by krishna176 on Friday 11th of January 2008 03:29:06 AM
Old 01-11-2008
Hi invinzin21,

Already existing files having rwxrwxrwx permissions.so i want to find those files in all directories(subdirectories also) with path.that is my requirement.
Please help me out.

regards
Krishna Murthy

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script without read permission but execute the script

I have a script, except me no one can read the script but they can execute the script. Is it possible? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rc script permission problem

Hi, I have written a startup script which has be started while reboot. I am using Solaris10 machine and i have logged in as a root user. I have written a code the following code cp ./StartService /etc/init.d/ chmod 744 /etc/init.d/StartService //i have given it executable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue invoking shell script using cron, even with proper file permission

I am using tcsh what could possibly be a problem, when using crontab to invoke a shell script. ? The script has the read, write and execute permission to all users. And the script works as expected while executing it in stand-alone mode. Is there a way to trace (like log) what error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file with full permission in unix script

In my script, I am creating a file ----> then writting one line (i.e. Timestamp) ----> then FTP'ing. The same script can be executed by many other users. While other users executing this script, they couldn't Over write this one line (i.e. Timestamp) My expectation So I wanted to create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a script without giving x permission to the file?

How to execute a script with out giving x permission to the file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission script

hi guys I am working on a menu... and the menu has some options like check status for services (gmonitor group) or stop - start - restart those same services (gadmin group) as you see there are 2 main groups gmonitor for monitoring and gadmin for restart - stop - start services so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for help on script to capture file permission.

Hi Guys, I'm a DBA and need help on shell scripting. My Oracle Database is sitting on HP-UX machine. Anyone has a script that can spool out permission of all oracle binary files in the below directory: /opt/ora10g/oracle/ Format to be spooled out : chmod <exisiting permission> filename... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciaciachew
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission to the script.

I have written a script and now i want to deploy it in PRODUCTION. I want to give all the permission to the user only but not to others.What permission should i use? CHMOD 777 FILENAME? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to create file permission change restriction

Hello, I am looking for a UNIX shell script which can help me for access restriction. 1) /home/ram, there are number file with .txt extension, which should be only owned "ram" user. like as below ls -lrt *.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 11 Jan 4 2015 PASS1.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 10 Jan 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.trilok
8 Replies
mkdir(1)						      General Commands Manual							  mkdir(1)

NAME
mkdir - Makes a directory SYNOPSIS
mkdir [-m mode] [-p] directory... STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: mkdir: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
Sets the file permissions to mode, a symbolic mode string as defined for chmod, after creating the specified directory. The mode argument can be either an absolute mode string or a symbolic mode string as defined for chmod. See the chmod(1) reference page. In symbolic mode strings, the operation characters + and - are interpreted relative to an assumed initial mode of a=rwx, A + adds permissions to the default mode, whereas a - deletes permissions from the default mode. Creates intermediate directories as neces- sary; otherwise, the full path name prefix to directory must already exist. The user must have mkdir write permission in the parent directory. Each component of directory that does not name an existing directory is created with mode 777, modified by the current file mode creation mask (umask). The equivalent of chmod u+wx is performed on each component to ensure that mkdir can create lower directo- ries regardless of the setting of umask. Each component of directory that names an existing directory is ignored without error. If an intermediate path name component exists, but permissions are set to prevent writing or searching, mkdir fails and returns an error message. The mode argument does not apply to any intermediate directories created when the -p option is specified. OPERANDS
The path name of the directory to be created. DESCRIPTION
The mkdir command creates new directories with read, write, and execute permissions based upon the permissions established by the umask setting. [Tru64 UNIX] The mkdir command also creates the standard entries (dot) for the directory itself and (dot dot) for its parent. NOTES
Some of the requested directories may be created although an error occurs subsequent to the directory creation. If the directory specified by the -p option already exists, the command does not return an error status, in compliance with POSIX.2. [Tru64 UNIX] To make a new directory, you must have write permission in the parent directory. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: All requested directories were created, or the -p option was used and all of the requested directo- ries now exist. An error occurred. EXAMPLES
To create a new directory called test, enter: mkdir test To set file permissions for new directory test in absolute mode, enter: mkdir -m 444 test To set file permissions for new directory test in symbolic mode, enter: mkdir -m+rw test ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of mkdir: Provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the corresponding value from the default locale is used. If any of the internationalization vari- ables contain an invalid setting, the utility behaves as if none of the variables had been defined. If set to a non-empty string value, overrides the values of all the other internationalization variables. Determines the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single-byte as opposed to multibyte characters in arguments). Determines the locale for the for- mat and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error. Determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MESSAGES. SEE ALSO
Commands: chmod(1), rm(1), rmdir(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p), umask(1) Functions: mkdir(2) Standards: standards(5) mkdir(1)