Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file permission script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file permission script Post 302157452 by krishna176 on Friday 11th of January 2008 02:33:04 AM
Old 01-11-2008
file permission script

Hi all,

I need one script, that will give the out put like all files having 777 permissions and full path from home directory.

example:i created 777 permissions files three in my home directory and subdirectories also. i want out put like

./xxxxx/aaa.txt
./xxxxx/zzz/yyy.txt
./xxxxx/zzz/aaa.txt

xxxx is the user name.

If any body knows can you please help me out.I would thankful to all.

regards
Krishna Murthy

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script without read permission but execute the script

I have a script, except me no one can read the script but they can execute the script. Is it possible? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rc script permission problem

Hi, I have written a startup script which has be started while reboot. I am using Solaris10 machine and i have logged in as a root user. I have written a code the following code cp ./StartService /etc/init.d/ chmod 744 /etc/init.d/StartService //i have given it executable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue invoking shell script using cron, even with proper file permission

I am using tcsh what could possibly be a problem, when using crontab to invoke a shell script. ? The script has the read, write and execute permission to all users. And the script works as expected while executing it in stand-alone mode. Is there a way to trace (like log) what error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file with full permission in unix script

In my script, I am creating a file ----> then writting one line (i.e. Timestamp) ----> then FTP'ing. The same script can be executed by many other users. While other users executing this script, they couldn't Over write this one line (i.e. Timestamp) My expectation So I wanted to create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a script without giving x permission to the file?

How to execute a script with out giving x permission to the file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission script

hi guys I am working on a menu... and the menu has some options like check status for services (gmonitor group) or stop - start - restart those same services (gadmin group) as you see there are 2 main groups gmonitor for monitoring and gadmin for restart - stop - start services so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for help on script to capture file permission.

Hi Guys, I'm a DBA and need help on shell scripting. My Oracle Database is sitting on HP-UX machine. Anyone has a script that can spool out permission of all oracle binary files in the below directory: /opt/ora10g/oracle/ Format to be spooled out : chmod <exisiting permission> filename... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciaciachew
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission to the script.

I have written a script and now i want to deploy it in PRODUCTION. I want to give all the permission to the user only but not to others.What permission should i use? CHMOD 777 FILENAME? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to create file permission change restriction

Hello, I am looking for a UNIX shell script which can help me for access restriction. 1) /home/ram, there are number file with .txt extension, which should be only owned "ram" user. like as below ls -lrt *.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 11 Jan 4 2015 PASS1.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 10 Jan 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.trilok
8 Replies
mkproto(8)							    Unsupported 							mkproto(8)

Name
       mkproto - construct a prototype file system

Syntax
       /etc/mkproto special proto

Description
       The  command  is used to bootstrap a new file system.  First a new file system is created using The command is then used to copy files from
       the old file system into the new file system according to the directions found in the prototype file proto.  The  prototype  file  contains
       tokens  separated by spaces or new lines.  The first tokens comprise the specification for the root directory.  File specifications consist
       of tokens giving the mode, the user-id, the group id, and the initial contents of the file.  The syntax of the contents	field  depends	on
       the mode.

The mode token for a file is a 6 character string.  The first character specifies the type of the file.	(The characters -bcd specify regu-
       lar, block special, character special and directory files respectively.)  The second character of the type is either u or - to specify set-
       user-id	mode or not.  The third is g or - for the set-group-id mode.  The rest of the mode is a three digit octal number giving the owner,
       group, and other read, write, execute permissions.  See

Two decimal number tokens come after the mode; they specify the user and group ID's of the owner of the file.

If the file is a regular file, the next token is a pathname whence the contents and size are copied.

If the file is a block or character special file, two decimal number tokens follow which give the major and minor device numbers.

If the file is a directory, makes the entries .	and ..	and then reads a list of names	and  (recursively)  file  specifications  for  the
       entries in the directory.  The scan is terminated with the token $.

A sample prototype specification follows:

d--777 3 1
       usr  d--777 3 1
	    sh	 ---755 3 1 /bin/sh
	    ken  d--755 6 1
		 $
	    b0	 b--644 3 1 0 0
	    c0	 c--644 3 1 0 0
	    $
       $

Restrictions
       You can only run on virgin file systems.  It should be possible to copy files into existent file systems.

See Also
       dir(5), fs(5), fsck(8), newfs(8)

mkproto(8)