Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IGNITE / Make recovery
Operating Systems HP-UX IGNITE / Make recovery Post 302157364 by Perderabo on Thursday 10th of January 2008 06:50:34 PM
Old 01-10-2008
I have moved this thread to the HP-UX forum where it should have a better chance at responses. Please post the version of HP-UX you are using. "uname -a" will display it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Creating A Make Recovery Tape

A customer called me and stated that when they created a make recovery tape for their hp-ux 9000/770, it wiped out three of their volume groups from the lvmtab, fstab, /dev directory(all associated files). I didn't believe them until I conducted a tech assist. I restored their system by recreating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spawarrior
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

make recovery tape for solaris

Hello All I am need of amke recover tape for solaris.Could anybody tell me how do i create a make recovery tape for solaris.I am on sun-solaris 2.8 regards Hrishy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

4. AIX

make a recovery CD/DVD - system has no writable devices

Hi, Has anyone please got some advise as to how I can make a CD/DVD on an AIX 5.3 system so that it can be fully recoverd just by inserting the backed up system. The system that I need to recover has no writable devices, not even a tape drive (it wasn't specified by me btw). I am trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevek007
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20

Hello All, I need to bring down our old 9000 series d350, but my supervisor wants an ignite backup created. I cannot find ignite in the usual places (/opt/ignite) nor can I find it in swlist. As far as I can tell the cd's are long gone. Is there anywhere else I could look for ignite being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

Ignite and HP-UX 09.XX

I am looking to make bootable tape backups of four machines running HP-UX 09.02, 09.05 and 09.07. I successfully located Ignite 10.20 and installed it and made a backup on the one machine running HP-UX 10.20. I am having trouble locating information about Ignite for HP-UX 9. Does it exist? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whack_job
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Ignite - make_net_recovery

I've read the Ignite User/Admin Guide but I'm having trouble figuring out if I can do a make_net_recovery if the ignite server and client server are on completely different networks? If this can be done is there any special configuration? If I initiate the command from the server it looks like it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Ignite

Hi Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Ignite recovery issue.

On one of the Hpvm server when I try to do the ignite recovery it aborts after recovering only 30 % of the archive. I do not have any other archive backup besides this. Even after restoring the 30 archive I could see that I am able to login to that server althoug ssh and other functionalities... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
9 Replies
tms(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    tms(7)

NAME
tms - TMSCP magnetic tape interface SYNOPSIS
For XMI/KDM on Alpha-based systems: bus xmi0 at iop0 vector xmierror controller uq0 at xmi? port kdm vector uqintr device tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0 For MSI Bus: only MIPS-based DECsystem 5500 bus msi0 at ibus? vector msi_isr controller dssc1 at msi0 msinode 1 device tape tms3 at dssc1 drive 3 For XMI/CI/HSC on Alpha-based systems: bus xmi0 at iop0 vector xmierror bus ci0 at xmi? port np vector cimna_isr controller hsc6 at ci0 cinode 6 device tape tms3 at hsc6 drive 3 For tms devices dual ported between two controllers: device tape tms2 at * drive 2 DESCRIPTION
The TMSCP driver provides a standard tape drive interface, as described in mtio(7). This is a driver for any controller that adheres to the Tape Mass Storage Control Protocol (TMSCP). The TMSCP controllers communicate with the host through a packet-oriented protocol termed the Tape Mass Storage Control Protocol. Tape Support - Alpha-based systems TA78, TA79, TA81, TA90, TA90E, TA91 Diagnostics All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem. FILES
/dev/rmt??? /dev/nrmt??? SEE ALSO
mtio(7), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8) delim off tms(7)