Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting syntax error, need to redo one line in script :( Post 302157237 by mr_manny on Thursday 10th of January 2008 12:20:15 PM
Old 01-10-2008
thanks guys!!!
syntax free is always a good thing Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

./runInstaller : syntax error at line 2

Hi all, I've a problem with oracle10.1.0.2 installation on Solaris 10 (I already know this is possible) but when I run "./runInstaller" command from CD I read "syntax error at line 2" followed by several lines (ex. \200\201\203\206...ect). Can you help me please? It is very urgent! (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: Script.sh: syntax error at line 72: `PROGRESS=$' unexpected

I have written a shell script to Automatically FTP a file. The script runs fine when doing it manually but when I schedule it using a crontab it gives me an error. . . . echo "-----------------Starting File FTP---------------------" >> $PROS_LOAD_LOG echo "open X.XX.XX.XXX" >>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanhajoy
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh[18]: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected.

Help please! :confused: I have the following error with the following file and the emails are not arriving to the email, any idea please? ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected. FECHA=`date +%d%m%y%H%M`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villenan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile: syntax error at line 1

I am able to 'Make' some of projects's modules using GNU's make except one where it throws me the following error gmake -f Makefile /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `if' unexpected gmake: *** Error 2 I am sure it has nothing to do with the Makefile as there is no 'if' in the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudsa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re: Script Error [syntax error at line]

Hi , I Have Written A Simple Script To Check Greatest Of '2' Number When Execuating The Script I Am Getting The Below Error SP11: if:not found SP11: line 4:syntax error at line 5:'then' unexpexted And The Program I Have Wrriten For This #!bin/ksh echo "Enter Two Numbers"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error at line 24: `(' unexpected

Hi, I am getting an wired error.... the script is running fine when i run it manually... but the same when i try to run in nohup mode, i am getting error if Error: syntax error at line 24: `(' unexpected The above if is the 24th line!!! I dont understand the error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithz
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute/finish script because of last line syntax error: unexpected end of file/token `done'

first of all I thought the argument DONE is necessary for all scripts that have or begin with do statements which I have on my script, However, I still don't completely understand why I am receiving an error I tried adding another done argument statement but didn't do any good. I appreciate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

./1.sh: Syntax error at line 1 : `<<' is not matched.

function user { sqlplus primeit@$ORACLE_SID/primeit <<EOF select user_name from test; EOF } function gen { genpwdfile dec -in $1 -out $2 echo $1 echo $2 } function reset { sqlplus primeit@$ORACLE_SID/primeit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
7 Replies
syntax(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       syntax(3pm)

NAME
syntax - Activate syntax extensions VERSION
version 0.004 SYNOPSIS
# either use syntax 'foo'; # or use syntax foo => { ... }; # or use syntax qw( foo bar ), baz => { ... }; DESCRIPTION
This module activates community provided syntax extensions to Perl. You pass it a feature name, and optionally a scalar with arguments, and the dispatching system will load and install the extension in your package. The import arguments are parsed with Data::OptList. There are no standardised options. Please consult the documentation for the specific syntax feature to find out about possible configuration options. The passed in feature names are simply transformed: "function" becomes Syntax::Feature::Function and "foo_bar" would become "Syntax::Feature::FooBar". METHODS
import syntax->import( @spec ); This method will dispatch the syntax extension setup to the specified feature handlers for the calling package. import_into syntax->import_into( $into, @spec ); Same as "import", but performs the setup in $into instead of the calling package. unimport syntax->unimport( @features ); This method will trigger uninstallations of the @features from the calling package. unimport_from syntax->unimport_from( $from, @features ); Same as "unimport", but will uninstall the @features from $from. RECOMMENDED FEATURES
o Syntax::Feature::Function Activates functions with parameter signatures. SEE ALSO
Syntax::Feature::Function, Devel::Declare BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to bug-syntax@rt.cpan.org or through the web interface at: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=syntax AUTHOR
Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek <rs@474.at> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-18 syntax(3pm)