Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers logic needed to extract lines Post 302157136 by ganapati on Thursday 10th of January 2008 06:18:38 AM
Old 01-10-2008
Thanks, but I've got the answers myself after many tries:

sed -n '/\*TM/,/\*TM\*/p' file_name | grep -v "\*TM\*"

How is this? correct me if Iam wrong?

With Regards / GanapatiSmilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract a field by logic

below are the contents of file 'tmp.out': 2|34|534| 1|355|54| 1|443|34| 3|43|768| 3|7|887| 1|9|990| How do I extract the 2nd and 3rd columns of file 'tmp.out' only when the first column equals '1'. Note that this file will be huge; atleast 5million+ rows, so I want to avoid looping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic needed to recursive looping in the script

Hello i have a requirement where in a file i will get string. The length could be from 1 to 20. if the string is less than 6 characters ( ex: ABCD) . i need to append 'X' on right hand side to make it 6 characters (ex: ABCDXX). if suppose i get the same string from the file as ABCDXX then i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic needed

input : employee_id, salary ------------------- 10, 1000 20, 2000 30, 3000 40, 5000 output: employee_id, salary, next_row_salary ------------------------------------ 10, 1000, 2000 20, 2000, 3000 30, 3000, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to extract few lines from file

Hello, I need a utility script or command that will extract the following lines from a file based on a 'word' contain in a line. For example my file contains lot of lines. So if i pass 1800182 to the script/command it should return everything between 1st RequestNetRates tag before it and 1st... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies
asn1_parser2tree(3)						     libtasn1						       asn1_parser2tree(3)

NAME
asn1_parser2tree - function used to start the parse algorithm. SYNOPSIS
#include <libtasn1.h> asn1_retCode asn1_parser2tree(const char * file_name, ASN1_TYPE * definitions, char * errorDescription); ARGUMENTS
const char * file_name specify the path and the name of file that contains ASN.1 declarations. ASN1_TYPE * definitions return the pointer to the structure created from "file_name" ASN.1 declarations. char * errorDescription return the error description or an empty string if success. DESCRIPTION
Creates the structures needed to manage the definitions included in *FILE_NAME file. RETURNS
ASN1_SUCCESS The file has a correct syntax and every identifier is known. ASN1_ELEMENT_NOT_EMPTY *POINTER not ASN1_TYPE_EMPTY. ASN1_FILE_NOT_FOUND An error occured while opening FILE_NAME. ASN1_SYNTAX_ERROR The syntax is not correct. ASN1_IDENTIFIER_NOT_FOUND In the file there is an identifier that is not defined. ASN1_NAME_TOO_LONG In the file there is an identifier whith more than ASN1_MAX_NAME_SIZE characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libtasn1 is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libtasn1 programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libtasn1 should give you access to the complete manual. libtasn1 2.2 asn1_parser2tree(3)