Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting don't know how to implentment as unix sh script Post 302157130 by ttivanwan@yahoo on Thursday 10th of January 2008 06:07:52 AM
Old 01-10-2008
thanks for your reply , it means that I cann't have sh script inside the awk call ? then what should I do to do the objective , should i just use the sh script , not use the awk to do it , any code sample that is doing similar things ??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to cheaply build my own Linux/Unix PC, but don't know where to start

I want to cheaply build my own PC that will run the latest versions of Linspire, Fedora Core, FreeBSD and Solaris, but I don't know where to start. This PC doesn't have to be particulary fast. It's video performance need not be top notch, however, sound quality and sound performance must rock!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which unix?? <donīt know where to post>

Iīm struggling to find a system I like and thatīs not to overwhelming.. Iīve been using Ubuntu/Linux and itīs allright except that itīs pretty buggy and boots extremely slow. Iīm in need of a system that offers good programming features, simple or no x server, fast to boot and STABLE. Donīt care... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwaTNT
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I don't want to go to jail. so I want to start using unix

I use Mac OSX and have been given all of my video editing software... illegally. I don't want to use it anymore and heard that Unix was the way to go. So that is why I am here. What video editing software is out there for Unix. I think I have Unix. Do I? I am sorry and if all anyone can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moz1979
0 Replies

4. Programming

Why I don't have CC1 in my Unix?

gcc works find in my Unix. But when I want to use cc1, system reports: "bash: cc1: command not found". Any clue? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script don't stop

Hello everybody! I am new to this and I am trying to change a script in an open source program that plots some offset vectors and then calls a postscript viewer. I have commented away the call for the postscript viewer but somehow the script doesn't return to the shell prompt. I cant figure out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larne
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

don't understand the unix script

if {"$my_ext_type" = MAIN]; then cd $v_sc_dir Filex.SH $v_so_dir\/$v_fr_file Can somebody tell me what does this suggest. I am pretty new to unix and I am getting confused. What i understood from here is If we have a file extension name as MAIN which we have then we change the directory to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pochaman
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Why we don't need to defrag UNIX FS?

Hi I am wondering which is the reason why there is no need to defrag file system in UNIX and Linux, and in Windows I must defrag it ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change unix permission when I don't own the file

Hi, A file is transferred from a Windows server(say username : user1) to Unix server via ftp. In unix, the permission of the file for a user, say user2 will be "-rw-r-----". Since the user1 is the owner of the file, user2 is not able to change the file permission using chmod. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: merin
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)