Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove the date from the file Post 302157042 by pradkumar on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 11:20:24 PM
Old 01-10-2008
Thanks for the reply

I am sorry for not being clear in my question.
If the file name is abc1xyz20080109 then i have to get abc1xyz.

-Thanks
Pradeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name?

Hi Guys here I am again, I have two files in a specified location. Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ input file names: 1. abc_app.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abd_app.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads the files from the location based on the oldest date and cuts the date part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruthless
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove date and duplicate rows from a log file using unix commands

Hi, I have a log file having size of 48mb. For such a large log file. I want to get the message in a particular format which includes only unique error and exception messages. The following things to be done : 1) To remove all the date and time from the log file 2) To remove all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pank10
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove '-' for date fields alone in a file

Hi, I have a scenario like, I need to replace a hyphens(-) for date field alone in the file. I have minus(-) sign for other fields it should remain as such, only for date fields hyphens must be removed. Please find the content for the file below: sample.txt: -----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove the date portion from file name

hi, I am trying to remove the last field before the period (.) from a list of file names in a directory in a shell script. Below is the list of file names. ENVID_archival_20120214092258.log ENVID_Get_Source_Files_20120214091828.log ENVID_Get_Source_Files_20120214092523.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay81
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the date part of the file?

Hi Gurus, I have file name like: abcd.20131005.dat I need to remove mid part of data final name should be abcd.dat thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name in a script?

Hi All, I need to create links between two directories. have multiple files in a specified location. Source Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ Target Location ex: /opt/xdm input file names: 1. abc_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abcd_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kthri_82
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help, need to create script to remove lines by date in file

Please Help (novice to PERL and SHELL scripting)…. Need to create a script which removes all lines in $filename = "cycle_calendar_ftp_out" older than current date – a variable which will be a number of days passed to script. For Ex it will look at the end date which is the last field (4) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3pwr
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the leading and trailing date from a CSV file

I'm a newbie to shell scripting. Can anyone help with the below requirement ? The leading and trailing date of a files to be removed. 2017-07-12_gmr_tag_log_20170711.csv 2017-07-12_gmr_call_log_20170711.csv 2017-07-12_gmr_outgoing_log_20170711.csv I'm looking for output like... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamayam
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

Can someone help me with the code wherein there is a file f1.txt with different column and 34 column have expiry date and I need to get that and compare with system date and if expiry date is <system date remove those rows and other rows should be moved to new file f2.txt . I don't want to delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuti
2 Replies

10. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

I m working on shell scripting and I m stuck where in my .txt file there is column as expiry date and I need to compare that date with system date and need to remove all the rows where expiry date is less than system date and create a new .txt with update. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stuti
1 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)