Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tcl: regexp matching special character Post 302156952 by ramen_noodle on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 05:00:14 PM
Old 01-09-2008
I can't make the regexp code behave as anticipated, thus the workaround.
Worse, the string match code seems fundamentally unhappy with brackets.

I'd approach comp.lang.tcl with this issue and/or check out the tclers wiki and
see if any articles are on point. The Tcler's Wiki
The lsearch idea is a okay but forces an abstraction from one
implicit type to another without solving the underlying problem and
possibly causing others...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching on any special character in Unix

Hi, I have field in a file which would come with any special character, how do i check that field? Eg: @123TYtaasa>>>/ 131dfetr_~2 In the above example, how do I add pattern for any special character on the keyboard. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp matching

Hello, I cannot see what's wrong in my code. When I run code below, it just print an empty string. my $test = "SWER~~ERTGSDFGTHAS_RTAWGA_DFAS.x4-234253454.in"; if ($test = ~ m/\~{1,2}.*4/) { print "$1\n"; } else { print "No match...\n"; } Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urandom
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching regexp

Hi, maybe it is stupid question, but is it possible to match expression like this ? : ... // ... ( there is "//" somewhere on the line and on the end of the line there ISN'T "*/" ) I've tried something like : (in SED) sed 's/\/\/' but I need "*/" not to be on the end of the line ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolage
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on TCL regexp and match

Hello everyone, I'm new in tcl scripting. I'm currently studying a tcl script and came across this line: regexp {(\d+)(\S?)} $opts match opt swi According to my understanding, this line means to search in the opts variable for one or more digit, followed by a non-whitespace character... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on regexp in TCL

I need some help with regexp in tcl. The following code does work if the $urlvar ends in jpg,jpeg,png or gif. Eg, protocol(http/https)://testsite.com/images/image1.jpg if { ! } { //Do something } My problem is that if the URL does not end in these extensions this regexp is of no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ampak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp in tcl

I need to change R3.1.5 as 03015 similarly R4.1.7 as 04017 i need a single command in tcl pls help ---------- Post updated at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:48 PM ---------- i had to do like this without using regexp set old_release "R3.1.5" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two special character separated files based on pattern matching

Hi. I have 2 files of below format. File1 AA~1~STEVE~3.1~4.1~5.1 AA~2~DANIEL~3.2~4.2~5.2 BB~3~STEVE~3.3~4.3~5.3 BB~4~TIM~3.4~4.4~5.4 File 2 AA~STEVE~AA STEVE WORKS at AUTO COMPANY AA~DANIEL~AA DANIEL IS A ELECTRICIAN BB~STEVE~BB STEVE IS A COOK I want to match 1st and 3rd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crypto87
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help using regexp in a TCL script ??

In a tcl script I need to find a way of reading a file, and looking for a phrase ("set myvariable") and putting the word following that into a variable. I've used a file open, and a while loop with gets to read each line from the file into a variable, and using regexp searched for the item. I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tonyb61
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Character issue in Expect Utility (Tcl)

Hi, I have written a unix expect utility "ssh-login.exp" which connects (ssh) to remote host and execute some shell script. I am calling this "ssh-login.exp" utility from another shell script. "ssh-login.exp" takes username, password, host and shell script path to execute on remote host. All... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

TCL script to delete a pattern(regexp)

Hi I am writing a TCL script to delete a certain in a file My Input file module bist_logic_inst(a, ab , dhd, dhdh , djdj, hdh, djjd, jdj, dhd, dhp, dk ); input a; input ab; input dhd; input djdj; input dhd; output hdh; output djjd; output jdj; output dk; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies
shevek::regexp(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 shevek::regexp(3)

NAME
shevek::regexp - Use regular expressions. SYNOPSIS
#include <regexp.hh> Public Member Functions regexp (std::string const &pattern=std::string(), bool case_sensitive=false) Create a new object, and optionally fill it with a pattern. regexp & operator= (std::string const &pattern) Set a pattern, removing the previous one. regexp (regexp const &that) Copy a regexp. regexp & operator= (regexp const &that) Copy a regexp. void case_sensitive (bool value=true) Set whether the evaluation should be case sensitive. ~regexp () Destructor, this cleans up internal structures. bool operator() (std::string const &data) Check whether the pattern matches a string, and fill internal match structures if it does. std::string operator[] (unsigned idx) const Retrieve the value of a subexpression from the last matched string. bool valid (unsigned idx) const Test whether a subexpression was filled by the last matching string. unsigned size () const Get the number of subexpression. std::string transform (std::string const &data) const Transform a string with -codes according to the last matching string. std::string const & pattern () const Get the current pattern. Detailed Description Use regular expressions. Member Function Documentation std::string shevek::regexp::operator[] (unsignedidx) const Retrieve the value of a subexpression from the last matched string. This throws an exception if the subexpression is not valid. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libshevek from the source code. libshevek Fri May 11 2012 shevek::regexp(3)