Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS Djbdns Choice Problem
Special Forums IP Networking DNS Djbdns Choice Problem Post 302156933 by ramen_noodle on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 03:57:35 PM
Old 01-09-2008
Not setting out to flame anyone and certainly I respect the work that Bernstein has put into his software and his overall acumen and intelligence but he has chosen to go outside the mainstream with his implementation and organization and forced users to comply with his idea of systems organization.

For what you want you could probably use (gasp) BIND -w- chroot and be perfectly happy without having to redesign the wheel djb style. My $.02

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

dns problem

helo all i got problem in my network i got sun 206 and i work with sendmail when i had the praimery dns of my isp i can send mail from the server but i cant send from the clinet (outlook in the network) and if i chnage it to secundery dns off my isp i can send frome the server and frome the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nis
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

DNS problem

Hello! I´ve got a problem with the dns on one of our servers. When i try to look someting up with either nslookup or ping i get the folowing error message. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # nslookup sun.com *** Can't find server name for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

DNS Problem

Hello Everyone, I am working on a HP-Unix machine and I am trying to get it to use the University's DNS servers. Long story short... the resolv.conf file is ok : nameserver 149.150.51.1 nameserver 149.150.51.2 search shu.edu The hosts file is ok. And when I make the nsswitch.conf file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loslappy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS problem

Hi all, I have got the message of "*** Can't find server name for address 10.131.120.50: Server failed" when I typed nslookup on the DNS server I setup the /etc/named.conf and all the data files in /var/named and start the named daemon. I also mae appropriate change on the resolv.conf and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS Problem

hello !!! I have some problem for Sun Solaris DNS i already configured named.boot , named.rev, named.hosts but when i start the DNS service there is an error " error cannot find named.conf " in my manual there is no named.conf configuration it said that if you configure named.boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

DNS problem?

I uploaded a new domain and I am having problems with the paths... Works..shop.mydomain.com/index.php?main_page=contact. Does Not Work..shop.mydomain.com/contact/. copied the entire directory from a working directory and changed the appropriate paths where necessary (as usual) so ...? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tifischer
3 Replies

9. Programming

Help with djbdns code

Hi, I need help to rewrite djbdns source code to accept 1024 bytes via UDP (limit is 512) #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include "uint16.h" #include "uint32.h" #include "str.h" #include "byte.h" #include "fmt.h" #include "ip4.h"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cain82
0 Replies
mountd(8nfs)															      mountd(8nfs)

Name
       mountd - NFS mount request daemon

Syntax
       /etc/mountd [-i] [-d] [-s]

Description
       The daemon must be run on NFS servers to process NFS mount protocol requests.  It reads the file to determine which file systems and direc-
       tories are available to which machines and users, and makes this information available to the operating system.	The machine  names  listed
       in  the	file may optionally contain the local BIND domain name.  For more information on BIND, see the Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service To
       see which clients have file systems or directories mounted, use the command.

Options
       -d If you are running the BIND/Hesiod service, after checking the Internet address, will verify that the host requesting a mount or unmount
	  is in the server's domain.

-i Turns  on  verification  of the Internet address of the client against the server's database for mounts and unmounts.  The default is no
	  address verification.

-s If you are running the BIND/Hesiod service, after checking the Internet address, will verify that the host requesting a mount or unmount
	  is in the server's subdomain.

See Also
       exports(5nfs), mount(8nfs), nfsd(8nfs), showmount(8nfs)
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service

mountd(8nfs)