Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multi File processing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multi File processing Post 302156557 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 8th of January 2008 01:30:56 PM
Old 01-08-2008
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=","}
FNR==NR{arr[$2]=$1;next}
$4 in arr{print $4,arr[$4],$1}
' file1 file2

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multi-file multi-edit

Good day! I am trying to learn how to use the "sed" editor, to perform multiple edits on multiple files in multiple directories. I have one script that tries to call up each file and process it according to the edits listed in a second script. I am using a small input text to test these, at... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kielitaide
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi User Multi Task

Dear Experts Why we always hear that unix operating system is Multi User and Multi task. What does these two means. I have looked at some books and documents but couldn't find aclear explenation. Can we say Windows operating system is also multi user and multi task?? Thanks for your help in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multi file editing in vi

Hi all Some yeras ago (1994) I had a utility that bundled up multiple files into a big file with a seperator lines. Automatically loaded this temp file into vi - which allowed you to edit all the files. then when you :wq or ZZ vi it saved all the files bak to their appropriate file names and got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricl999
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Multi-Line Records Processing

I am an Awk newbie and cannot wrap my brain around my problem: Given multi-line records of varying lengths separated by a blank line I need to skip the first two lines of every record and extract every-other line in each record unless the first line of the record has the word "(CONT)" in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-copying a file

Hello there, I am writting a scrip with in shell (#!/bin/sh) and I need to copy 5 times the same file into different names: cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.12 cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.13 cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.14 cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.15 cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.16 and I have to do that for several file.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line filtering based on multi-line pattern in a file

I have a file with data records separated by multiple equals signs, as below. ========== RECORD 1 ========== RECORD 2 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 3 ========== RECORD 4 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 5 DATA LINE ========== I need to filter out all data from this file where the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

8. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

9. Programming

Multi head/multi window hello world

I am trying to write a large X app. I have successfully modified my xorg.conf to setup 4 monitors on an NVIDIA Quatro5200. I am trying to modify a simple hello world application to open a window on three of the four monitors. depending on the changes to loop the window creation section and event... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: advorak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies
HTML::FormFu::Filter::CompoundSprintf(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		HTML::FormFu::Filter::CompoundSprintf(3pm)

NAME
HTML::FormFu::Filter::CompoundSprintf - CompoundSprintf filter SYNOPSIS
--- element: - type: Multi name: date elements: - name: day - name: month - name: year filter: - type: CompoundSprintf sprintf: '%02d-%02d-%04d' # get the compound-value my $date = $form->param_value('date'); DESCRIPTION
For use with a HTML::FormFu::Element::Multi group of fields. Uses a sprintf pattern to join the input from several fields into a single value. METHODS
sprintf Arguments: $string "sprintf" pattern used to join the individually submitted parts. The pattern is passed to the perl-core "sprintf" function. field_order Inherited. See "field_order" in HTML::FormFu::Filter::_Compound for details. --- element: - type: Multi name: date elements: - name: month - name: day - name year filter: - type: CompoundSprintf field_order: - day - month - year AUTHOR
Carl Franks, "cfranks@cpan.org" LICENSE
This library is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 HTML::FormFu::Filter::CompoundSprintf(3pm)