Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News CLI Magic: Viewing system information Post 302156392 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 8th of January 2008 04:30:10 AM
Old 01-08-2008
CLI Magic: Viewing system information

Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:00:00 GMT
GNU/Linux is bursting with information about the system on which it runs. The system's hardware and memory, its Internet link and current processes, the latest activity of each user -- all this information and more is available. And, despite such desktop tools as the KDE Control Center or GNOME's System Monitor, the easiest place to get all the system information available is still the command line.

Source...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Viewing user accound information

How can dump the user account detail? like how long need to change password, password naming policy, how many times will lock account if login failed.. thk a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zp523444
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing/information of binary files

Hi all, Is there a way of viewing a binary file through a UNIX session? Or perhaps viewing information of a binary file through a session? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

BOGGLED!! User information incorrect when viewing "ps" Process Status

Hello Anyone: I have run into an issue that I have never seen or heard of. Recently on a specific server I have encountered a random issue that I've not been able to repliate on demand... When I view the processes status of a certain process, the information returned to the screen has a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DEN1022
2 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)