Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting trying to write a script to loop through a port info file Post 302156293 by frank_rizzo on Monday 7th of January 2008 06:16:08 PM
Old 01-07-2008
Here is simple framework you can work with.

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

cat data | while read one two
do
   case $one in 
      "HBA" ) echo "HBA is $two"
         ;;
      * ) echo "one=[$one] two=[$two]"
         ;;
   esac
done

$ ./parse.file
HBA is Port WWN: 10000000c9420b4b
one=[OS] two=[Device Name: /dev/cfg/c10]
one=[Manufacturer:] two=[Emulex]
one=[Model:] two=[LP10000DC-S]
one=[Firmware] two=[Version: 1.92a1]
one=[FCode/BIOS] two=[Version: none]
one=[Type:] two=[N-port]
one=[State:] two=[online]
one=[Supported] two=[Speeds: 1Gb 2Gb]
one=[Current] two=[Speed: 2Gb]
one=[Node] two=[WWN: 20000000c9420b4b]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Parallel Port info?

is there a command so that i can se info about the parallel port, if there isn't a specific command for that is there a command so i can se info about the system and all ports and devices? Thanx /Nick (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting info from microannex connected to serial port A

Hi, is there a way to get information of an annex device connected to port A ? i need to get the I.P address of the annex and the port it connected to on the annex. dori (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through file and write out lines to file(s)

Hi, I am new to ksh scripting so your help will be much appreciated. I have a file called file.txt which looks like this Header 20050702 20050703 ABC DEF Header 20050703 20050704 123 456 Header 20050704 20050705 XXX YYY What I am trying to do is write out each of the record... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
7 Replies

4. Programming

how to write application for 32 com port

Dear Sir, i m going to use NP5610-16 moxa device for multiport serial communication. i m using fedora-core 6 o.s. after installation it will detect serial ports as /dev/ttyr0,/dev/ttyr1...ttyr32. there are total 32 com ports. now i want to write application which monitor all serial ports and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pull info under headers in file(awk,grep,while loop)

below is an extract from my file and I am trying to use Awk and grep and a while loop to pull infomation from under neath "HBA WWN=".HBA WWN=" reoccurs all over the file but the 100000c.....number are unique and I want to be able to pull and reference specifi information under this header ever time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Push records to array during implicit loop and write to file

NEWBIE ALERT! Hi, I'm 1 month into learning Perl and done reading "Minimal Perl" by Tim Maher (which I enjoyed enoumously). I'm not a programmer by profession but want to use Perl to automate various tasks at my job. I have a problem (obviously) and are looking for your much appreciated help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jospan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to write to a file within a loop

Hi All, Following is the program that i have written in cygwin. The redirection of the unfound $param1 to error.txt file doesnt work.Can any one help? #!/usr/bin/sh fname=$1 sed 's/ //g' "$fname" > fname1 while read i do echo $i > file1 #param1 is script name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janardhanamk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop line in a file and add info or do echo

I have a record.txt it will update weekly, and it could be 2 lines or more ... it just echo each line to the script san jose,23.34% tampa,2.15% dallas,30.20% seattle,44.29% Unknown,16.72% How do i write a shell script to give me a test.pl or bash file which contain #!/home/perl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a Boolean variable which succeed and failed inside the if loop in shell script ?

I have if loop with multiple variable value check in if loop. How can i print only if loop satisfied variable and its value in shell script ? I dont want to check each variable in if loop. That makes my script larger. if ] then echo "Only satisfied variable with value" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
3 Replies
udp(n)								 Tnm Tcl Extension							    udp(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
udp - Send and receive UDP datagrams. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The udp command allows to send and receive datagrams using the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) (RFC 768). UDP COMMAND
udp open [port] The udp open command opens a UDP datagram socket and returns an udp handle. The socket is bound to given port number or name. An unused port number is used if the port argument is missing. udp connect host port The udp connect command opens a UDP datagram socket and connects it to a port on a remote host. A connected UDP socket only allows to send messages to a single destination. This usually allows to shorten the code since there is no need to specify the destination address for each udp send command on a connected UDP socket. The command returns a udp handle. udp send handle [host port] message The udp send command sends a datagram containing message to the destination specified by host and port. The host and port arguments may not be used if the UDP handle is already connected to a transport endpoint. If the UDP handle is not connected, you must use these optional arguments to specify the destination of the datagram. udp receive handle The udp receive command receives a datagram from the UDP socket associated with handle. This command blocks until a datagram is ready to be received. In most cases, it might be a good idea to check for pending datagrams using the udp bind command. udp close handle The udp close command closes the UDP socket associated with handle. udp bind handle readable [script] udp bind handle writable [script] The udp bind command allows to bind scripts to a UDP handle. A script is evaluated once the UDP handle becomes either readable or writable, depending on the third argument of the udp bind command. The script currently bound to a UDP handle can be retrieved by calling the udp bind command without a script argument. Bindings are removed by binding an empty string. udp info [handle] The udp info command without the handle argument returns a list of all existing UDP handles. Information about the state of a UDP handle can be obtained by supplying a valid UDP handle. The result is a list containing the source IP address, the source port, the destination IP address and the destination port. SEE ALSO
scotty(1), Tnm(n), Tcl(n) AUTHORS
Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@cs.utwente.nl> Tnm udp(n)