Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Retrieving deleted files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Retrieving deleted files Post 302156284 by manna on Monday 7th of January 2008 05:55:23 PM
Old 01-07-2008
Retrieving deleted files

I mistakenly deleted a script from the UNIX server. Is there any command i can type that i will retrieve my script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

retrieving a deleted file

hi!, is there any way to retrieve a file that I have deleted few minutes back?? I am using Solaris- 5.6.. :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
2 Replies

2. AIX

retrieving files from Tape

I have AIX5.1 I have tried to retrieve a file from tape with no sucsess. I had this posted in the newbies section but I think I should have tried here. I did get some good info there though on where to start. This Is what I did. My back line is so... cat /rd/tmp/backuplist.full | cpio -ocvBdum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker40
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving multiple files by date

Hey all, need help with finding multiple files just by the last date modified in all subdirectries in the current directory. Ex. Root directory/multiple directories say 0-99/ multiple files Need to find all files last modified from say ....01 1 2006. Is this possible? Thanks for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fantazle
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieving files which has more than 0 bytes

Hi, Can anyone tell how to list all files in current directory which has more than 0 bytes? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri2005
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving files from print queue

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me out with this. I'm trying to retrieve files from a print queue on a remote server i.e. get files before they are printed. I'll be using perl to do this. I've written out some pseudocode below: Telnet to print server for ever (endless loop) pause 1 second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vovin
0 Replies

6. Solaris

help retrieving files from SunOS 5.8

Hi, I am trying to get a small amount of files off of a SunBlade 2000 running SunOS 5.8, but I'm having trouble finding a medium that will actually work. It is not networked, and it doesn't have a writable CD drive. My only options seem to be floppy disk and USB drive. However, when I insert... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanm
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

8. Linux

Need help with deleted files

Hello. I am having a problem and I was wondering if I could get some help from here. I changed into a directory with the cd command and I wanted to delete a folder and all of its subdirectories, so I went ahead and did a rm --recursive * in my current directory to realize that I was in the wrong... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnydadesigner
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving names of files in a dir without overlapping

Hi, I have been trying to retrieve the names of files present in a directory one by one but the names of files are getting overlapped on one another. I tried the below command. ls -1 > filename please help me in getting the file names line by line without overlapping. I am using korn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with retrieving files via SFTP

I have a process which generates a file and places it on my sftp server Then I connect to the sftp to retrieve the file. However for some reason, I keep getting an incomplete file. These are the steps. 1. Submit a request to my sftp file to start generating a file 2. That file is picked... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
7 Replies