Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue calling scripts through CRON. Post 302156280 by vskr72 on Monday 7th of January 2008 05:43:53 PM
Old 01-07-2008
Update on this issue

I just modified my cron to something like this:

45 16 * * 1-5 ls -ltr > /export/home/svittala/scripts/scpt1.sh.out

and it looks like it executed perfectly. Not sure whats the issue when I try to call a script.

If I put something like this in the command prompt:

/export/home/svittala/scripts/scpt1.sh > /export/home/svittala/scripts/scpt1.sh.out

it executes fine. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script calling other scripts hangs

I have a script that calls several other scripts in a specified order: # Loop over actions in specified order (STOP_ORDER or START_ORDER) and build and evaluate commands for command in $(eval print '$'${action}_ORDER) do printf "`date`\tExecuting ${action}_${command} = `eval print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible solution on sql calling scripts

hi all, i have a function which will take i/p as a ddl sctipt as i/p and execute it, let function execute_sql { db_var="$1" v_cnt=`sqlplus -s XXXXX/XXXXX@aXXX << ENDSQL | sed -e "s/Connected\.//" -e "/^$/d" set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off serveroutput on size... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
4 Replies

3. Solaris

difference in calling shell scripts

Hi I am getting some errors when i am running the shell script using the following syntax: >abc.sh but the same script works fine with the following syntax: >sh abc.sh wats the difference in both....please help thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpit_narula
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between calling the sub scripts

What is the difference between calling the sub scripts of below two line. /home/scripts/devdb.sh . /home/scripts/devdb.sh sh /home/scripts/devdb.sh We are using the suse 2.0 version (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Multiple Scripts - stops after 1

I have created a script to call 2-3 shell scripts to be execute in succession, however, it seems that after the first shell script completes, the entire script exits out. Example: 1stJob.sh 2ndJob.sh 1st Job - FTP files from Mainframe to Unix using the following commands at the tail of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling scripts within script

Hi, I have written a some six scripts to move large files and re-size them. This has been done step by step, taking backup, creating the new files, merging the files, removing the temporary files created. Since these files are around 500 MB, each step takes somewhere between 1 to 5 mins. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baanprog
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling scripts from other script.

I need to call 3 different shell scripts from 2 different scripts, one is a perl script and other is Shell script. In Case -1 : The perl script is myperlscript.pl and the name of three shell scripts which need to be called from the perl script are a1.sh, a2.sh and a3.sh. Each shell script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling scripts from with scripts

Hi all, I'm wondering if you could give me some advice. I am new to scripting and am getting rather frustrated that i can get my script to call another script if certain criteria is met, via command line, but I cannot get the same script to work thru the cron jobs. My first script monitors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: echoes
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies
asadmin-export(1AS)						   User Commands					       asadmin-export(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-export, export - marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands in multimode SYNOPSIS
export [ name=value [ name=value]*] Marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands. All subsequent commands use the variable name values as specified; unless you unset them or exit multimode. If only the variable name is specified, the current value of that variable name is displayed. If the export command is used without any arguments, a list of all the exported variables and their values is displayed. Exported shell environment variables set prior to invoking the asadmin utility are imported automatically and set as exported variables within asadmin. Unexported environment variables cannot be read by the asadmin utility. OPERANDS
name=value variable name and value for automatic export to the environment to be used by subsequent commands. Example 1: Using export to list the environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export //to list the environment variables that are set AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service Where: the export command lists the environment variables that are set. In this case, the environment variables have been set to: the host is bluestar, the port is 8000, the administrator user is admin with an associated password, and the prefix is server1.jms-service. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-unset(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-export(1AS)