Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with find command when used with mtime Post 302156187 by gus2000 on Monday 7th of January 2008 03:23:31 PM
Old 01-07-2008
Hmmm, this seems to select the right files when I do it:

Code:
# find /tmp/ -name "*" -mtime +14 -exec ls -ldtr {} ; | wc -l

# find /tmp/ -name "*" -mtime -14 -exec ls -ldtr {} ; | wc -l

# find /tmp/ -name "*" -exec ls -ldtr {} ; | wc -l

You might want to add "-type f" to limit the search to files only.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find . -mtime

...what am i doing wrong?? I need to find all files older than 30 days and delete but I can't get it to pull details for ANY + times. The file below has a time stamp which is older than 1 day, however if I try and select it using any of the -time flags it just doesn't see it. (the same thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topcat8
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with find and mtime

I am using HP-UNIX , The below command doesnt display anything although i have changed a file in the directory by toutch -t 200010101800 nfile find /tmp/transfer/ -name "*.*" -mtime +1 Any problrm with the find command i written . .Please help ??.. Thanks, Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find mtime syntax

Hi guys, I am looking for a way of moving all files out of a directory with a time stamp greater then the one I specify. Can anyone suggest a way of doing so? For example, move all files out of dir1 which were created after 17:00 into dir2. Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is -mtime 0 in find command?

What is "-mtime 0" option in find command. Does it consider the files that are of today lets say today is 4th Aug or will include files 24 hrs past from the current time???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -mtime +7

Dear all, find $ADMIN_DIR/$SID/arch/ -name '*.gz' -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \; is it retaining 7 days OR 8 days .gz files ? Thanks Prakash (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashoracledb
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on find -mtime -exec

Hello people. Part of my script: echo "Compressing files older than 2 months in ${TEMP_DIR} directory ..." find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.dat' -mtime 61 -exec compress {} \; #BELOW COMMAND DOES NOT WORK :-( <<<<<<----------- find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.o.lines.*' -mtime 61 -exec compress {}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find using mtime

Hi, so I was using mtime and its not behaving the way I would think its supposed too. I have two pdf files. One modified today and another 6 months ago. I upload them to the solaris server. Then I run the below find statements. This finds my 2 files find *.pdf -type f -name '*.pdf' this finds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find by name and mtime

Hi, I'm trying to find all files that have a .ksh and .p extension and that are 7 days old by using the below find command but it doesn't seem to as expected. It gives me random results.. Can someone point out what may be wrong? find . -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.p" -mtime -7 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - find command with mtime

Hello experts, I would get from a list of files, which are more ancient than 1 hour. Examples: Current date: Wed Oct 28 16:10:02 SAT 2015 using: find path -name 'file_name. *' -mtime +0 I see files with less at 00:00:00 date of the current day. /path/file_name.20151027170725... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlino70
7 Replies
libssh2_scp_send_ex(3)						  libssh2 manual					    libssh2_scp_send_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_scp_send_ex - Send a file via SCP SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_scp_send_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *path, int mode, size_t size, long mtime, long atime); DESCRIPTION
This function has been deemed deprecated since libssh2 1.2.6. See libssh2_scp_send64(3). session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) path - Full path and filename of file to transfer to. That is the remote file name. mode - File access mode to create file with size - Size of file being transmitted (Must be known ahead of time precisely) mtime - mtime to assign to file being created atime - atime to assign to file being created (Set this and mtime to zero to instruct remote host to use current time). Send a file to the remote host via SCP. RETURN VALUE
Pointer to a newly allocated LIBSSH2_CHANNEL instance, or NULL on errors. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SCP_PROTOCOL - LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN - Marked for non-blocking I/O but the call would block. AVAILABILITY
This function was marked deprecated in libssh2 1.2.6 as libssh2_scp_send64(3) has been introduced to replace this function. SEE ALSO
libssh2_channel_open_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_scp_send_ex(3)