Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: checking ERRors in files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting checking ERRors in files Post 302156009 by ali560045 on Monday 7th of January 2008 03:11:20 AM
Old 01-07-2008
i have the script as :

#!/bin/ksh

if test -f lerr1.txt
then
rm lerr1.txt
fi

for i in file1,file2,file 3........................file 80
do
echo $i >>lerr1.txt
grep "ORA" >> lerr1.txt
done

mail -s "ORA error in log files" naveed@unix.com< lerr1.txt
----------------------------------------------------------------------

is there any way instead of writting 80 files name in for loop i can just give *.log and it will check in all the log files for "ORA" pattern and also send me the file name where this pattern is found.............

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking for script errors

ok, i have a script which i use to search my process' for specific keywords and kill any process containing them. there is a prompt to enter a keyword for searching and another prompt for which user you want to search the process' of. i want the script to have something that if you entered a search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking for files on ftp...

I have automated my ftp session as given in on of the previous threads as: #! /usr/bin/ksh HOST=remote.host.name USER=whoever PASSWD=whatever exec 4>&1 ftp -nv >&4 2>&4 |& print -p open $HOST print -p user $USER $PASSWD print -p cd directory print -p binary print -p get xyz wait... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jithinravi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to login into another ip and checking for the files

Hi All, Good Day. need one help regarding unix script. i have to check whether the particular file is there or not in another ip address. suppose....there is file in this ip address 2.160.64.130 in particualar location. i have to veify this from another ip adress(Say 2.160.64.131).if the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikumar_n
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking files extension

Hi, I need one line command to display all files that ends with .scr. Example: In a directory I have 10 files, out of that 4 files have filetype extension .dat and 4 files with .scr and 2 files with .txt.... In this i want to display only files that ends with .scr. I tried some commands,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Errors while extracting zip files

I tried to untar a file, test123.tar.gz by doing : tar -zxvf test123.tar.gz but got the following error msg: gzip: stdin: not in gzip format tar: Child returned status 1 tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors What do i do now? Pl Suggest Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DCH
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in checking for files in subfolders

Hi, I am trying to print a listing of files from the top level directory, check to see if any files have the same name as the top level directory name and if so, cd to that file and list the files under it. Don't know how to check for the file in the next level. What I have so far: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tes218
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies

8. Programming

Linker errors linking to .a files on OS X

Basically my problem is that when I try to compile anything using ./configure && make, it fails because of linker errors. I can reproduce the behavior I'm getting as follows: I have the two following files main.c: #include <stdio.h> extern void func(void); int main(int argc, char... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarshallBanana
5 Replies

9. AIX

I see some errors in syslog files in AIX. can these be ignored ?

Hello, Could you please check the below errors. I found these errors in AIX LPAR syslogs. auth|security:err|error sshd error: Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key daemon:err|error syslog: slp: 0660-059 Impossible to get local interface for distant address 10.x.x.x. errno... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar7997
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors trying to use all files of a type

I am trying to create a code that will use all the bam files stored on a separate drive (/media/cmccabe/C2F8EFBFF8EFAFB9/pool_I_090215), run them in a program that I have changed the directory to, and the output gets re-directed to (/home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/pool_I_090215). I have tried the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)