Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Mount points of available Vxvm disks Post 302155678 by nimish_mehta on Saturday 5th of January 2008 03:53:50 AM
Old 01-05-2008
Mount points of available Vxvm disks

I have situation where I want to know about all the vxvm mount points information on my solaris box, because after rebooting the server the few mount points are not mounted automatically because they where not copied in /etc/vfstab.

So please help me out on the same.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

sometimes in Solaris 8 when I go to mount filesystems using either the mount command or by editing the /etc/vfstab, i get a nice little error message saying the the number of allowable mount points has been exceeded. I have read man pages until I am blue in the face and no where can I find what the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manderson19
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar using mount points

hi i tried to tar a directory in my server but it show ensufficient space. therefore i tried to save it to a mount point using tar /mountpoint/newfilename file2btar but it gives me permission denied. i am using the root account to do this. is it possible to tar files and put it to mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

4. AIX

Mount points to hard disks

Hi I am oracle DBA and sometimes need to see on which disks oracle data files are residing . How can we check that . The file system is jfs on aix 5.2.0.0 The method is use is to use mount |grep oracle_dir_name or lsfs mount_point_name command to see what /dev/logical_volume_name is mounted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clifford
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

hi, I believe a mount point does not have to be a physical disk, but rather a logical one? Is this correct? if so, how can I find out if my mount points are on different physical disks? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Migrate VxVM boot disks to higher capacity disk

Hi, Im getting a downtime of 4 hrs to do porting of bootdisks. Currently, the system is running on Sf4800. 2 internal disk 36G connected to a SE3510 storage. We're getting 72G disks and we want to restore the OS from the current 36G to the 72G disk. System is under veritas volume manager ctrl.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to find the failed disks in SVM and VxVM

How to find & replace bad disks in solaris & VXVM?plz explain step by step? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtreams
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mount Points? How?

Hi folks, I have been asked to performed the following: Add the following new moint points systemA:/avp and SystemB:/usr/sap/trans to be the new linux server ZZZ How can I add those mount points and how those mount points can become another linuz server?:wall::wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Mount Emc Clones in VxVm

The Storage Admin presents a clone of a LUN, on the source side the device is under VxVM control, assuming that on the target side we have scanned the new cloned LUN at the OS level (solairs), from there on how do we initialize and mount the new volume. Please give some guidence on this or a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Types of mount points

Hi, What are the types of mount points available in Linux machine and how to find what type of mount point is configured in my linux machine? Is mount point otherwise called as file system or do they have different meaning ? Regards, Maddy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies
lofs(7FS)                                                          File Systems                                                          lofs(7FS)

NAME
lofs - loopback virtual file system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int mount (const char* dir, const char* virtual, int mflag, lofs, NULL, 0); DESCRIPTION
The loopback file system device allows new, virtual file systems to be created, which provide access to existing files using alternate pathnames. Once the virtual file system is created, other file systems can be mounted within it, without affecting the original file sys- tem. However, file systems which are subsequently mounted onto the original file system are visible to the virtual file system, unless or until the corresponding mount point in the virtual file system is covered by a file system mounted there. virtual is the mount point for the virtual file system. dir is the pathname of the existing file system. mflag specifies the mount options; the MS_DATA bit in mflag must be set. If the MS_RDONLY bit in mflag is not set, accesses to the loop back file system are the same as for the underlying file system. Otherwise, all accesses in the loopback file system will be read-only. All other mount(2) options are inherited from the underlying file systems. A loopback mount of '/' onto /tmp/newroot allows the entire file system hierarchy to appear as if it were duplicated under /tmp/newroot, including any file systems mounted from remote NFS servers. All files would then be accessible either from a pathname relative to '/' or from a pathname relative to /tmp/newroot until such time as a file system is mounted in /tmp/newroot, or any of its subdirectories. Loopback mounts of '/' can be performed in conjunction with the chroot(2) system call, to provide a complete virtual file system to a process or family of processes. Recursive traversal of loopback mount points is not allowed. After the loopback mount of /tmp/newroot, the file /tmp/newroot/tmp/newroot does not contain yet another file system hierarchy; rather, it appears just as /tmp/newroot did before the loopback mount was performed (for example, as an empty directory). Examples lofs file systems are mounted using: mount -F lofs /tmp /mnt SEE ALSO
lofiadm(1M), mount(1M), chroot(2), mount(2), sysfs(2), vfstab(4), lofi(7D) WARNINGS
Loopback mounts must be used with care; the potential for confusing users and applications is enormous. A loopback mount entry in /etc/vfstab must be placed after the mount points of both directories it depends on. This is most easily accomplished by making the loop- back mount entry the last in /etc/vfstab. SunOS 5.10 10 Apr 2001 lofs(7FS)