Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem with csv file gen from C++ Post 302155652 by electroon on Saturday 5th of January 2008 12:59:14 AM
Old 01-05-2008
Problem with csv file gen from C++

Hi Frnds,

I have a problem with csv file gen.

Here is the description:

My code genereates a csv file as output in which a particular column("OUTPUT NUMBER")contains a string value fetched from db.

Now the problem is when i open this csv file the OUTPUT NUMBER column misses the zero("0") digit for example suppose the column has 3 values 01,02,12 then when the file is opened this column will show values as 1,2,12.

Does anyone has a soln for this

Thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to compare two csv files values and write into another csv file

Hi all, Am new to scripting. So i just need your ideas to help me out. Here goes my requirement. I have two csv files 1.csv 2.csv abc,1.24 abc,1 def,2.13 def,1 I need to compare the first column of 1.csv with 2.csv and if matches then need to compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnahyd
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem of Multiline in csv file

Hi I have csv file which has test as multiline in the one column. ex. ---------data.csv------------ Seqno,EmpID,EmpName,Dept 1,123,"Vipin Agrawal","IT BUSINESS OFFSHORE" 2,124,"Simon Bhai","IT" The problem is name "Vipin Agrawal" has one new line character b/w name. same as Dept. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetvipin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in creating CSV file

Hi guys, I am not experienced with Unix, so please dont mind if the question seem to be irrelevant. I have written a simple script, that connects DB & fetches few records from a table. I wanted to get those details as file in .CSV format via mail. -I stored the query o/p in a file. -I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitburnwal88
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format problem while converting text file to csv

Hi , I need a help in following scenario.I tried searching in google but couldn't able to find the exact answer. Sorry if i am re-posting already answered query. While i am trying to convert into log file into csv i couldn't able to get the format which i am looking for. I converted file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself

Hi, all I want to sort a csv file based on timestamp from oldest to newest and save the output as csv file itself. Here is an example of my csv file. test.csv SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0739.JPG,2015:02:17 11:32:21 /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0749.JPG,2015:02:17 11:37:28... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)							 1							DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)

db2_field_scale - Returns the scale of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_scale (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the scale of the indicated column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the scale of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_scale(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)