Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cygwin X
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cygwin X Post 302155627 by porter on Friday 4th of January 2008 06:26:32 PM
Old 01-04-2008
I find "Microsoft Services for UNIX 3.5" a much more authentic and responsive POSIX environment.

Alas, it does not provide an X server, so I either use Xming or Cygwin to provide the X server then use xterm in SFU.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about cygwin

hi everyone. i have a problem on installing binary file in my cygwin. could anyone help me wat command should i use to install it ? thanks a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wins1982
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have cygwin software on my machine. can i practice shell script on that software or not? thanks sam71 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

4. Linux

cygwin

I'm trying to run the make command in cygwin. The directory is d:\resiprocate-1.2.3\resip\dum\test. But the command outputs: cant open perl script "c:\Program": No such file or directory why??...check the attached JPEG file....plz help (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_well
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin - sh-3.2$ help!

i am completely new to unix and am trying to learn with cygwin. my problem is simple.... when i use the 'man' command, eg 'man cat' id do not know how to get out of the manual!!!? if i type '!' and Return, rather than having just the $ prompt, it has 'sh-3.2$' as a command prompt.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby999
1 Replies

6. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin

hi.... i want to set an alias to "ls -lart" permanently. i am using cygwin and in that .bashrc and .bash_profile files are readonly. so please tell me how i can do that? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone else use Cygwin?

I started to gather some stats from our windows servers through the use of cygwin and sshd :) is anyone else doing this sort of thing? interested in some other indicators I should be checking for... thanks, manny the following is only an example of the type of data I am able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin

Do clear command do not work in cygwin.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
4 Replies
HYPER-V(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						HYPER-V(4)

NAME
hv_utils -- Hyper-V Utilities Driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in the system kernel configuration file: device hyperv DESCRIPTION
The hv_utils driver provides time keeping, shutdown and heartbeat functionality for FreeBSD guest partitions running on Hyper-V. Hyper-V is a hypervisor-based virtualization technology from Microsoft. The hv_utils driver is one of the core drivers required to be present in guest partitions running on Hyper-V. This driver provides the following functionalities to guest partitions: (a) Time Keeping: The clock inside the guest partition will remain accurate by synchronizing to the clock on the virtualization server via Timesync service, and with the help of the pluggable time source device. (b) Integrated shutdown: Guest partitions running FreeBSD can be shut down from Hyper-V Manager console by using the "Shut down" command. (c) Heartbeat: This feature allows the virtualization server to detect whether the guest partition is running and responsive. SEE ALSO
hv_ata_pci_disengage(4), hv_netvsc(4), hv_storvsc(4), hv_vmbus(4) HISTORY
Support for hv_utils first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. The driver was developed through a joint effort between Citrix Incorporated, Microsoft Corporation, and Network Appliance Incorporated. AUTHORS
FreeBSD support for hv_utils was first added by Microsoft BSD Integration Services Team <bsdic@microsoft.com>. BSD
September 10, 2013 BSD