Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed - replace string question Post 302155554 by danmero on Friday 4th of January 2008 01:28:05 PM
Old 01-04-2008
Bug sed - replace string SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
Try:

Code:
sed 's/"count(user) = 0" -o "uid = ftp" -n -o "gid = ftp" -n -b \\/"read only = no"/'

Just escape the backslash.
Golden rules, think a bit before asking Smilie
Code:
 sed 's/\("count(user) = 0" -o "uid = ftp" -n -o "gid = ftp" -n -b\)/"read only = no"/'

Thank Franklin for your help , I understand now where was the original problem(mistake Smilie )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Replace String Help

I have to replace date in Control file every day i run the script control file looks like this $cat pharma.ctl LOAD DATA INFILE '/usr/bin/sqlscripts/SQL.PharmID.20071206.txt' INTO TABLE uname.TEMP_TABLE FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|' TRAILING NULLCOLS (col_names) i tried $sed -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: replace string with another string (with spaces)

Hi I have an XML file with strings XABCD, XEFGHX and XIJKLX. I would like to replace XABCDX with "This is the first string", XEFGHX with "This is the second string" and XIJKLX with "This is the third string". What is the best way to implement this? Should I have a file with the data that is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmfcat1
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed/grep string replace question

Hi all, I know this question has probably been answered before, but I am struggling with this problem, even after googling a million pages. In a file named rdmt.conf I need a single character replaced, the number in the line below CUR_OC4J_ID=1 It will always appear after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike AAA
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace the a string in the same file using sed?

How do i replace a string using sed into the same file without creating a intermediate file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
7 Replies

6. Programming

Question how to replace last character string

Hi, Could someone help me how to replace last character string. For example $>export T1=abcde $>export T2=xyz my question is how to get result abcdxyz? Many Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicklau81
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace string

Hello guys, I'm working in a cellular company and i'm trying to do a script to run some commands automaticlly. I'm using Solaris version :SunOS pk-ercuas4 5.10 in my work. I've a file that creates by script named test1.mos that that look like: confb+ gsg+ lt all $date = `date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oferg
1 Replies
STR_IREPLACE(3) 							 1							   STR_IREPLACE(3)

str_ireplace - Case-insensitive version ofstr_replace(3).

SYNOPSIS
mixed str_ireplace (mixed $search, mixed $replace, mixed $subject, [int &$count]) DESCRIPTION
This function returns a string or an array with all occurrences of $search in $subject (ignoring case) replaced with the given $replace value. If you don't need fancy replacing rules, you should generally use this function instead of preg_replace(3) with the i modifier. PARAMETERS
If $search and $replace are arrays, then str_ireplace(3) takes a value from each array and uses them to search and replace on $subject. If $replace has fewer values than $search, then an empty string is used for the rest of replacement values. If $search is an array and $replace is a string, then this replacement string is used for every value of $search. The converse would not make sense, though. If $search or $replace are arrays, their elements are processed first to last. o $search - The value being searched for, otherwise known as the needle. An array may be used to designate multiple needles. o $replace - The replacement value that replaces found $search values. An array may be used to designate multiple replacements. o $subject - The string or array being searched and replaced on, otherwise known as the haystack. If $subject is an array, then the search and replace is performed with every entry of $subject, and the return value is an array as well. o $count - If passed, this will be set to the number of replacements performed. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string or an array of replacements. EXAMPLES
Example #1 str_ireplace(3) example <?php $bodytag = str_ireplace("%body%", "black", "<body text=%BODY%>"); ?> NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. Caution Replacement order gotcha Because str_ireplace(3) replaces left to right, it might replace a previously inserted value when doing multiple replacements. Example #2 in the str_replace(3) documentation demonstrates how this may affect you in practice. SEE ALSO
str_replace(3), preg_replace(3), strtr(3). PHP Documentation Group STR_IREPLACE(3)