Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem to send rtf inline body Post 302155550 by Perderabo on Friday 4th of January 2008 01:19:56 PM
Old 01-04-2008
application/rtf
might work. If the user agent doesn't support rtf, it won't work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send body in a mail

Hi, How to send send body along with attachment in a mail given below is code to send mail with attachemnt.its working fine but i need to send some message as body of the mail. uuencode /prod/applc/ds_data/mac/working/nullctry.csv "nullctry.csv" | mailx -s "List Of Attendance"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendragora
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To send an email with the body content extracted from a file

Hi, I have been trying to shoot an email with the email body to be obtained from a file. Can someone please help me with it.. I have been trying to use the MAILX commad for the same. mailx -s "test email" -r sender@test.com < file.txt but it sends the file as an attachment,while i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send an email with some body content and attachment

hi plz help me in sending a mail with some data in body and an attachment as some txt file. currently i am able to send mail with some body content, i need an example how to send the same along with attachment. thanks in advance -bali (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send jpg as body

Hi, I ftp the .jpg file from windows to unix machine, now i need to send the jpg file as body to (not as attachment) outlook, can anyone send the sample code for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasu.g
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send attachment and body in one mail using mailx

Hi, Our requirement is to send an attachment and content in a single mail. I am using the below command to send attachement. --------------------- (uuencode $exp_file $exp_file) |mailx -s "$email_subject" $EmailRecipients -------------------- I m not able to send any message in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail with inline html along with attachment. Please help!

The below code is not working. I am able to send only inline html or only attachment. When trying to do both, only inline html is sent without attachment. Please help! #!/bin/ksh (echo "Subject: Test Mail - HTML Format" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send SAS Graph in Email Body from UNIX

Hi Friends, I am trying to send a graph in Body of HTML Email which is generated using a SAS Code. But, I am not able to see the picture, Instead seeing a red cross mark in Email Body. Could you please help me in fixing this problem? Also, I do not have a Shared Place (or) a web server to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samuels
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing duplicated extensions, like .rtf.rtf

Hi and good day, In Terminal I tried mv *.rtf.rtf *.rtf to get rid of double rtf extensions ( which came about from some other process), but this doesn't work. I don't know why. Also it should be for the main and for subfolders. with -R? Anyway, any assistance would be greatly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty to send image in mail body.

I have jpg file in my server. I am facing difficulty while sending the image in body . appreciate your help to fix to below code. echo "--FILEBOUNDARY" echo "Content-Type: image/jpg" echo "Content-Disposition: inline; filename=\"tick.jpg\"" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
3 Replies
PBCOPY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PBCOPY(1)

NAME
pbcopy, pbpaste - provide copying and pasting to the pasteboard (the Clipboard) from command line SYNOPSIS
pbcopy [-help] [-pboard {general | ruler | find | font}] pbpaste [-help] [-pboard {general | ruler | find | font}] [-Prefer {txt | rtf | ps}] DESCRIPTION
pbcopy takes the standard input and places it in the specified pasteboard. If no pasteboard is specified, the general pasteboard will be used by default. The input is placed in the pasteboard as plain text data unless it begins with the Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) file header or the Rich Text Format (RTF) file header, in which case it is placed in the pasteboard as one of those data types. pbpaste removes the data from the pasteboard and writes it to the standard output. It normally looks first for plain text data in the pasteboard and writes that to the standard output; if no plain text data is in the pasteboard it looks for Encapsulated PostScript; if no EPS is present it looks for Rich Text. If none of those types is present in the pasteboard, pbpaste produces no output. * Encoding: pbcopy and pbpaste use locale environment variables to determine the encoding to be used for input and output. For example, absent other locale settings, setting the environment variable LANG=en_US.UTF-8 will cause pbcopy and pbpaste to use UTF-8 for input and output. If an encoding cannot be determined from the locale, the standard C encoding will be used. Use of UTF-8 is recommended. Note that by default the Terminal application uses the UTF-8 encoding and automatically sets the appropriate locale environment variable. OPTIONS
-pboard {general | ruler | find | font} specifies which pasteboard to copy to or paste from. If no pasteboard is given, the general pasteboard will be used by default. -Prefer {txt | rtf | ps} tells pbpaste what type of data to look for in the pasteboard first. As stated above, pbpaste normally looks first for plain text data; however, by specifying -Prefer ps you can tell pbpaste to look first for Encapsulated PostScript. If you specify -Prefer rtf, pbpaste looks first for Rich Text format. In any case, pbpaste looks for the other formats if the preferred one is not found. The txt option replaces the deprecated ascii option, which continues to function as before. Both indicate a preference for plain text. SEE ALSO
ADC Reference Library: Cocoa > Interapplication Communication > Copying and Pasting Carbon > Interapplication Communication > Pasteboard Manager Programming Guide Carbon > Interapplication Communication > Pasteboard Manager Reference BUGS
There is no way to tell pbpaste to get only a specified data type. Apple Computer, Inc. January 12, 2005 PBCOPY(1)