Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Query: Analysing the Core file Post 302155487 by Prajakta on Friday 4th of January 2008 05:18:32 AM
Old 01-04-2008
yes, v know the binary version, which caused the core dump but dont know in which mode it is built. v r using the same version of the binary to analyse the core, but unable to get the information from the core

Is there any way to analyse the core file ?

this is the o/p of uname -a
HP-UX sh1hp11i B.11.11 U 9000/800 872839660 unlimited-user license

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Analysing truss log

I am facing the following issue when using db2. The JDBC prepared statement command is sending an incorrect value to the database for search. I did a truss on the app and here is the log. I want to know what is the value that is getting passed. is it possible. 26867/68: send(62,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buytamil
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help analysing progress of a log file

Is it possible to track the progress of a job (informatica) by analysing the progress of it's log file ? I have a long running job, and no way of tracking how far allong it is. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmos328is
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between Dual-core & Core-to-duo

Can anybody tell What is the exact difference between a Dual-core processor and a Core-to-duo processor ?Advance thanks to all my friends. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Analysing Log Files?

I'm not sure if this query is relevant to this forum but here goes anyways... I want analyse log files that do not appear to be of standard format. I have tried using Analog but cannot config it to read the files. Does anyone have any advice on working with log files taken from a Unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Analysing a core dump.

Friends I was trying to analyse a core dump using pstack command in Sol5.9(Sparc) The output is as below. root: pstack core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922 core 'core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922' of 21922: istauth fe1afbb8 ttcdrv (c10e0, c1db4, 30ad8, bc950, 0, 0)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efunds
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analysing Mail Logs

Hello, I have a list of e-mails. I need to know, which email-s from that list not use. I want to do this things: - take email address from email list - find this address in mail logs - if, there is no record about this e-mail adress in list, show this e-mail address on screen I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naezdnik
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and analysing data in a text file

Hi, I have below type of data in a text file in unix. Emp_Name Emp_Dept Raj 101 Amruta 100 Shilpa 100 Rohit 123 Amol 198 Rosh 101 Gaurav 198 Number of employees can be even more. Need a command or a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. AIX

Issue with nmon analysing

Dear Experts, Am using nmon analyser version 3.3g, and when i tried analyzing my current nmon file it was done successfully. But the problem is all my old nmon files are compressed. So i uncompressed and analyzed using the same analyzer. but got this error no valid input data! nmon run may... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in analysing SSH LOG users & time

Attached is the log file that I have generated through the following script: last | head -2 |sed '2q;d' |awk '{ print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t" $9"\t"$10"\t"$11}'>>/var/log/logadmin/logtest.txt But now I'm unable to run the following operations on it: 1. Count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lionking93
1 Replies
CRASHINFO(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      CRASHINFO(8)

NAME
crashinfo -- analyze a core dump of the operating system SYNOPSIS
crashinfo [-d crashdir] [-n dumpnr] [-k kernel] [core] DESCRIPTION
The crashinfo utility analyzes a core dump saved by savecore(8). It generates a text file containing the analysis in the same directory as the core dump. For a given core dump file named vmcore.XX the generated text file will be named core.txt.XX. By default, crashinfo analyzes the most recent core dump in the core dump directory. A specific core dump may be specified via either the core or dumpnr arguments. Once crashinfo has located a core dump, it analyzes the core dump to determine the exact version of the kernel that generated the core. It then looks for a matching kernel file under each of the subdirectories in /boot. The location of the kernel file can also be explicitly provided via the kernel argument. Once crashinfo has located a core dump and kernel, it uses several utilities to analyze the core including dmesg(8), fstat(1), iostat(8), ipcs(1), kgdb(1), netstat(1), nfsstat(1), ps(1), pstat(8), and vmstat(8). The options are as follows: -d crashdir Specify an alternate core dump directory. The default crash dump directory is /var/crash. -n dumpnr Use the core dump saved in vmcore.dumpnr instead of the latest core in the core dump directory. -k kernel Specify an explicit kernel file. SEE ALSO
textdump(4), savecore(8) HISTORY
The crashinfo utility appeared in FreeBSD 6.4. BSD
June 28, 2008 BSD