Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Query: Analysing the Core file Post 302155448 by porter on Friday 4th of January 2008 03:35:56 AM
Old 01-04-2008
Try using "nm" on the file to have a look at the symbols?

Is this 32bit or 64bit, PA-RISC or Itanium?

If 64bit or Itanium then elfdump may help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Analysing truss log

I am facing the following issue when using db2. The JDBC prepared statement command is sending an incorrect value to the database for search. I did a truss on the app and here is the log. I want to know what is the value that is getting passed. is it possible. 26867/68: send(62,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buytamil
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help analysing progress of a log file

Is it possible to track the progress of a job (informatica) by analysing the progress of it's log file ? I have a long running job, and no way of tracking how far allong it is. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmos328is
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between Dual-core & Core-to-duo

Can anybody tell What is the exact difference between a Dual-core processor and a Core-to-duo processor ?Advance thanks to all my friends. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Analysing Log Files?

I'm not sure if this query is relevant to this forum but here goes anyways... I want analyse log files that do not appear to be of standard format. I have tried using Analog but cannot config it to read the files. Does anyone have any advice on working with log files taken from a Unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Analysing a core dump.

Friends I was trying to analyse a core dump using pstack command in Sol5.9(Sparc) The output is as below. root: pstack core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922 core 'core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922' of 21922: istauth fe1afbb8 ttcdrv (c10e0, c1db4, 30ad8, bc950, 0, 0)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efunds
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analysing Mail Logs

Hello, I have a list of e-mails. I need to know, which email-s from that list not use. I want to do this things: - take email address from email list - find this address in mail logs - if, there is no record about this e-mail adress in list, show this e-mail address on screen I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naezdnik
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and analysing data in a text file

Hi, I have below type of data in a text file in unix. Emp_Name Emp_Dept Raj 101 Amruta 100 Shilpa 100 Rohit 123 Amol 198 Rosh 101 Gaurav 198 Number of employees can be even more. Need a command or a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. AIX

Issue with nmon analysing

Dear Experts, Am using nmon analyser version 3.3g, and when i tried analyzing my current nmon file it was done successfully. But the problem is all my old nmon files are compressed. So i uncompressed and analyzed using the same analyzer. but got this error no valid input data! nmon run may... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in analysing SSH LOG users & time

Attached is the log file that I have generated through the following script: last | head -2 |sed '2q;d' |awk '{ print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t" $9"\t"$10"\t"$11}'>>/var/log/logadmin/logtest.txt But now I'm unable to run the following operations on it: 1. Count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lionking93
1 Replies
ELFDUMP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						ELFDUMP(1)

NAME
elfdump -- display information about ELF files SYNOPSIS
elfdump -a | -cdeGhinprs [-w file] file DESCRIPTION
The elfdump utility dumps various information about the specified ELF file. The options are as follows: -a Dump all information. -c Dump section headers. -d Dump dynamic symbols. -e Dump ELF header. -G Dump the GOT. -h Dump the hash values. -i Dump the dynamic interpreter. -n Dump note sections. -p Dump the program header. -r Dump relocations. -s Dump the symbol table. -w file Write output to a file instead of the standard output. EXIT STATUS
The elfdump utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of a typical usage of the elfdump command: elfdump -a -w output /bin/ls SEE ALSO
objdump(1), readelf(1) AT&T Unix Systems Labs, System V Application Binary Interface, http://www.sco.com/developers/gabi/. HISTORY
The elfdump utility first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The elfdump utility was written by Jake Burkholder <jake@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Does not fully implement the ELF gABI. BSD
January 15, 2003 BSD