Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo permission issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sudo permission issue Post 302155280 by kev nicholson on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 10:54:25 AM
Old 01-03-2008
Should work exactly the same on both although i don't have a solaris box to test this on.

Cheers,

Kev

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

sudo permission

HI friends can i know how to assign sudo permission to normal user in solaris, and if not i want to assign few commands like format,user creation to normal user, i want to share few permission to normal user towork like a root in $ prompt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

2. Solaris

sudo for permission kill -HUP

Hi, I'm trying to provide "/usr/bin/kill -HUP" command to one of the user using sudo file. I have configured sudo as following: $cat /etc/sudoers User_Alias AA=conadmin Cmnd_Alias KILL1=/usr/bin/kill -HUPAA ALL=NOPASSWD:KILL1 When I login as the user and execute 'sudo -l' command, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't sudo Using Group Permission

All: I'm having a problem with sudo on Solaris 5.10 that is giving me fits (and BTW, I'm a Linux admin by trade...). The issue is that I have a number of users (myself included) that cannot sudo to root to complete user admin tasks. Assuming the user is jdoe, and the group with the elevated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grant sudo permission

Hi all, I have to grant sudo permission to a user. I have searched online and find that /etc/sudoers file needs to be changed with visudo command. As i am new to linux, this is not clear to me. Can anybody take an example and show me how exactly this done. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

5. AIX

issue with cd command on sudo

Hi admins, I have installed sudo in aix 5.3 and configured sudoers file.Every command is working fine with sudo except cd . If i give sudo cd /etc/security it returns nothing.There is no pwd change and no any error messages. sudo -l command returns all executables including cd. sudo ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
8 Replies

6. Linux

Sudo issue

Dear All, I wanted to execute sqlplus using another user instead of oracle user. I have given user AA sudo permissions in such a way that it can execute all oracle related files. when i try the below command from user AA ,it is not working. sudo -u oracle sh -c sqlplus Error 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Sudo entry required to set permission similar to ROOT without using password (PASSWD) change optio

Hi All I had installed sudo in HP UX 11.3 and it is working fine but not able to make entry required to set permission similar to ROOT without using password (PASSWD) change option for define user in /etc/sudoers file Please help if some know the syntex? :confused::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Adding user with Sudo permission in solaris 9

How can I add user with Sudo permission in solaris 9 ? I'm new in Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmednoaman
2 Replies

9. AIX

Sudo issue

Hello! I have this weird issue that started lately. I'm login as normal user lets call it "guy" and I type the command:sudo cat /etc/passwd what happens next is this reply in the command line: I'm not getting any prompt to enter password. (I don't have the "nopasswd" see the attachment image... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing bash file with sudo for the second time, leads to permission denied, for some commands

I have a script that checks if the script has been ran with sudo. If the script is not ran as sudo, the current script is being executed with exec sudo bash. You are asked for a password, you type in the password, success. Everything is perfect - the commands inside the script are ran as sudo.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boqsc
1 Replies
GKSU(1) 							   User Commands							   GKSU(1)

NAME
gksu - GTK+ frontend for su and sudo SYNOPSIS
gksu gksu [-u <user>] [options] <command> gksudo [-u <user>] [options] <command> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly gksu and gksudo gksu is a frontend to su and gksudo is a frontend to sudo. Their primary purpose is to run graphical commands that need root without the need to run an X terminal emulator and using su directly. Notice that all the magic is done by the underlying library, libgksu. Also notice that the library will decide if it should use su or sudo as backend using the /apps/gksu/sudo-mode gconf key, if you call the gksu command. You can force the backend by using the gksudo command, or by using the --sudo-mode and --su-mode options. If no command is given, the gksu program will display a small window that allows you to type in a command to be run, and to select what user the program should be run as. The other options are disregarded, right now, in this mode. OPTIONS
--debug, -d Print information on the screen that might be useful for diagnosing and/or solving problems. --user <user>, -u <user> Call <command> as the specified user. --disable-grab, -g Disable the "locking" of the keyboard, mouse, and focus done by the program when asking for password. --prompt, -P Ask the user if they want to have their keyboard and mouse grabbed before doing so. --preserve-env, -k Preserve the current environments, does not set $HOME nor $PATH, for example. --login, -l Make this a login shell. Beware this may cause problems with the Xauthority magic. Run xhost to allow the target user to open win- dows on your display! --description <description|file>, -D <description|file> Provide a descriptive name for the command to be used in the default message, making it nicer. You can also provide the absolute path for a .desktop file. The Name key for will be used in this case. --message <message>, -m <message> Replace the standard message shown to ask for password for the argument passed to the option. Only use this if --description does not suffice. --print-pass, -p Ask gksu to print the password to stdout, just like ssh-askpass. Useful to use in scripts with programs that accept receiving the password on stdin. --su-mode, -w Force gksu to use su(1) as its backend for running the programs. --sudo-mode, -S Force gksu to use sudo(1) as its backend for running the programs. SEE ALSO
su(1), sudo(1) gksu version 2.0.x August 2006 GKSU(1)