Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check succeesfull finish of a executable from the sheel script Post 302155222 by electroon on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 07:28:25 AM
Old 01-03-2008
How to check succeesfull finish of a executable from the sheel script

Hi,

I want to know is there a way out wherein we can know that the C++ executable has finished its task.

Following is the steps:

1.Shell script calls a executable after setting all the env variables.

2.Now after the executable has done its job(basically to create some outpur files).The shell script needs to send out a mail with these output files as attachement.

Please help me in this asap.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unix sheel script to run report

Hi All, I have a report which I am running from unix shell script using CONCSUB utility. Just for testing I put the order number in shell script as ord_low and ord_high. But Actually what is going to happen is that the order numbers will be in a file say a.txt and this CONCSUB should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

chaging a environment varible using sheel script

hi How can one change an environment varaible inside a shell script say my bash shell has a env variable export FOO="Day" no i want to write a script inside which the FOO variable is modified to say export FOO=NIGHT after this script finishes te bash shell should show me NIGHT when i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a sheel script to compare no of file on diffrent servers

i have serverA and serverB and i have a folder with same name an location in both servers.... Now i want to compare files in folder(serverA) with folder (serverB) if there are files missing in folderB then copy those files from folder(serverA) to folder(serverB) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashahzad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sheel script to Delete a set of files from a given directory

I have a file <filestodelete> containing names of files to to be deleted from a directory <filesstore>. I want a script file which accptes the <filestodelete> and also the location of the directory(<filestore>) and deletes all files matching. Thanks in Advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VardhiniVenkat
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart finish script (Solaris 10)

Hi there, I wanted to write a finish script for my jumpstart server which creates a ntp.conf file and enables ntp on the client machines during installation. Is that possible? Thanks for the help :) P.S. I'm a real Solaris noob, so do excuse me if I sound like an idiot..lol (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iman453
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finish script help

I am trying to add a finish script that can copy hosts, static routes and a few other files into relevant directories on a client system. These files would be mounted as nfs resource on the client as hosts.hostname, static_route.hostname etc. Script will compare the hostname of the client and copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0kazaz
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect ssh script cannot finish and exit

All i am new to linux, and try to have a simple expect script to ssh then telnet to the network equipment, and exit itself. but dont know why i hang at the last $ #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 10 set arg set arg1 spawn ssh -l UserA 1.1.1.1 expect "assword:"; send "PasSwOrD\r";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samoptimus
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check the Mirror progressing finish from ILOM?

Hi every one! I've just finish configuration LSI - created RAID 1 mirror from ILOM (Sparc T4-2) yesterday. However, when I check it today, I find: ok> show-volumes ... Mirroring... and the led of disks are not lighting. So, how do I confirm the progressing is finish or not? Thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who can finish this script?

Good morning dear friends, I want to write an UNIX script to do the following task: We have 6 directories, called (SMS_01, SMS_02 ....... SMS_06), some files are distributed across these directories, but the distribution process is not good, I mean when I check these directories I found the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finish current script and execute next script

Hi, I've come accross a situation where I need to exit from current shell script at the same time I need to start/activate another shell script. How can I do that in KSH ?? Need help !! For example, my script is as below #!/bin/ksh paramFile="/home/someXfile.lst" ] && <<Here I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R0H0N
1 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)