Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please Explain me the output
Top Forums Programming Please Explain me the output Post 302155110 by vikashtulsiyan on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 02:02:28 AM
Old 01-03-2008
porter i know the code is playing with data segment. i didnt write this code. i just saw it on a "Test ur C skill book" and dint quite understand how the output was mno.
Can you please explain/justify the output???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the output of the command....

Explain the output of the command “sort -rfn file1 | more” (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wickbc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can any one explain this ${0##/}

I did not understand what is ${0##/} PGM=${0##/} TMP=/tmp/${PGM}.$$ Please explain me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadege
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this

if then echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>" exit fi if --------------what does this mean??? echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>"---pls explain this as well (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsdba.nitin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain this example

hi all i have an example i want one help me to understand cause i tried to test it but almost fail and i don't know how can i solve this problem " the main idea to read from two files and replace something from one to another " but i don't understand why it fail all time $ cat main.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

5. Programming

Explain output

#include<signal.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> sigcatcher() { printf("pid=%d",getpid()); signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); //line1 } main() { int ppid; signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); if(fork()==0) { sleep(5); ppid=getppid(); while(1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gol007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone please explain this??

cur_fy=`grep "CONSOL" $GLDATA/parms/cur_fiscalyear.lis | awk '{print $2}' Here i don't understand "CONSOL" and awk'{print$2) Please help me out cur_fiscalyear.lis contents : DL 2011 MOL 2011 MV 2011 SF 2010 CONSOL 2011 MVU 2011 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need explain

Dear unix team i'm user for a system build on unix system ,so we need to run a lot of scripts not in one sission but every script on the associated terminal , so the script name = the name of the terminal which will run this script on it . and someone create a batch that make as below : 1- but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fofatoti
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Help Explain the output of probe-scsi

Can anyone explain the output of probe-scsi command below? ok probe-scsi Target 0 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A Target 1 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A I have no idea what it means. I tried to read online but I still did not understand. I appreciate... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat -an output, pls. explain..

Hi, I have old SCO O/S. System keeps crashing. I made lot of changes to kernel but so for nothing helped. I wrote a script which takes netstat -an output every one minute. I saw some thing right before the system crashed. Not sure if this means anything.. uname -a SCO_SV djx2 3.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies
daisy-player(1) 						Unix user's manual						   daisy-player(1)

NAME
daisy-player - player for DAISY Digital Talking Books SYNOPSIS
daisy-player [directory_with_a_Daisy-structure] [-d ALSA_sound_device] DESCRIPTION
Daisy-player reads a Daisy-CD and plays the audio-files. DAISY version 2.02 and 3 are currently supported. A list of items on the Daisy-CD will appear. Press <ENTER> to start playing. When reading of an item has finished, daisy-player will play the next item and the cursor will automatically skip to that item, so that an attached braille-terminal will display the name of that item. Daisy-player supports the following languages: english, german and dutch. OPTIONS
directory_with_a_Daisy-structure One could also give a directory with a daisy structure as argument to daisy-player. -d ALSA sound device Daisy-player will play on this sound device. Default is "default". SCREEN
The name and version of this program and the name of the author will be displayed left aligned at the top of the screen. The name of the current loaded book will be displayed right aligned. The second row of the screen will display the number of pages of the current loaded book (if any), the current selected level and the total number of levels, the total playing time, the current displayed screen and the total number of screens. The next rows will display the title of the item, the first page of the item within brackets (if there are pages) and the playing time. Items in higher levels will be indented. (Three spaces each level.) When "just playing this item" is active, a "J" will be viewed at the first column of that item. CONTROL KEYS
Daisy-player recognizes the following keyboard-commands: cursor down move cursor to the next item cursor up move cursor to the previous item cursor right skip to next phrase cursor left skip to previous phrase page-down view next screen page-up view previous screen enter Start playing space pause/resume playing home play on normal speed / search for a label d store current item to disk D decrease playing speed e stop playing and eject f find the currently playing item and place the cursor there g go to page number (if any) h or ? give this help j just play current item and place a "J" at the first column. l switch to next level L switch to previous level n search forewards N search backwards o select next output sound device p place a bookmark q quit daisy-player. The playing-point will be saved as bookmark. s stop playing U increase playing speed FILES
~/.daisy-player/ This directory contains the bookmarks. Each file has the name of the book and contains the name of the current item, the start-time of that item and the current level, each on a own line. ~/.daisy-player.rc This file contains the name of the desired audio device and the desired playing speed. AUTHOR
Jos Lemmens <jos@jlemmens.nl> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C)2003-2012 Jos Lemmens <jos@jlemmens.nl> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see the file COPYING); if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA 16 March 2012 daisy-player(1)