Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sending mail in C/C++ in unix server Post 302155067 by frank_rizzo on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 10:31:23 PM
Old 01-02-2008
popen() using sendmail directly might be an option to.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

block certain domain from sending mail to server

hi currently i have a server that is able to send out and receive mail. is there a way to configure the server such that mails can be sent to a certain domail like abc@yahoo.com but block mails from this domain abc@yahoo.com. the server is running on solaris 10. thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Sending msg From Unix Server to an E-mail Address

Dear Brothers in Unix I would like to change some HP-UX settings in order that the system send a message to root it should be copied to my e-mail address in Microsoft Exchange Server. Please can you help me. Best Regards and thanks in advance Gege (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending email via mail server

hi everyone i am facing one problem. there is one unix server in our organisation which stores daily routine backup, and one mail server which is on windows 2k3, they are on one intranet. now i want that a mail should be generated and sent to the e-mail id of employees like nitin@hotmail.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmeet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail from unix

Hi, I am using mailx command to send mail through Unix. But I am able to send mail only within my domain. If i want to send mail to some other server, it's not working. Like say If I want to send mail to someone on gmail or yahoo it's not working. but it's working fine within my company domain.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anki_1
3 Replies

5. Linux

help sending mail on linux server

Hi, I coded a bash script.I m trying to use this command in the script mail -s "test" user@abc.com I tried this command on prompt.however it hangs.I check /var/log/maillog/ stat=Deferred: Connection timed out with mail.rdmedia.com. sendmail: n0M8lscO014303: localhost did not issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsail
2 Replies

6. Programming

Mail sending from VFP9 through internal postfix esmtp server.

hi all, please help me in this regard. I am VFP 9 programmer. I want to send the mail from within VFP 9 application. I have used CDO of microsoft which is working fine. however to be able to send the mail i have to setup the router gateway on user machine which enable him to surf through the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choudharidl
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

php code - Sending mail with external SMTP server

Here is the code: <?php //new function function loadini($path) { $fp = fopen($path, "r"); $fpcontents = fread($fp, filesize($path)); fclose($fp); return $fpcontents; } $to = "test@test.com"; $nameto = "notme"; $from = "test"; $namefrom = "Who From"; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending e-mail from unix

Hello, I want to send an email from unix. I tried following commands: mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com < echo_manish and echo "Testing Mail" | mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com but in both the commands nothing is happening. I mean it is neither giving any error nor I am receiving... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues sending emails using PostFix Mail Server

I'm unable to send email from my Linux server despite SMTP port 25 Active and Listening. # hostname TechX I checked the mail log ( /var/log/maillog ) and found the below error. I'm sharing all the ".cf" files seen in the error log. 1. # more /etc/postfix/main.cf # postfix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies
MAILER.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    MAILER.CONF(5)

NAME
mailer.conf -- configuration file for mailwrapper(8) DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/mail/mailer.conf contains a series of lines of the form name program [arguments ...] The first word of each line is the name of a program invoking mailwrapper(8). (For example, on a typical system /usr/sbin/sendmail would be a symbolic link to mailwrapper(8), as would newaliases(1) and mailq(1). Thus, name might be ``sendmail'' or ``newaliases'' etc.) The second word of each line is the name of the program to actually execute when the first name is invoked. The further arguments, if any, are passed to the program, followed by the arguments mailwrapper(8) was called with. The file may also contain comment lines, denoted by a '#' mark in the first column of any line. FILES
/etc/mail/mailer.conf EXAMPLES
This example shows how to set up mailer.conf to invoke the traditional sendmail(8) program: # Execute the "real" sendmail program located in # /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail sendmail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail send-mail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail mailq /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail newaliases /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike like Postfix in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using postfix sendmail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail send-mail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail mailq /usr/local/sbin/sendmail newaliases /usr/local/sbin/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike with Exim (from ports) in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using exim sendmail /usr/local/sbin/exim send-mail /usr/local/sbin/exim mailq /usr/local/sbin/exim -bp newaliases /usr/bin/true rmail /usr/local/sbin/exim -i -oee This example shows the use of the mini_sendmail package from ports in place of sendmail(8). Note the use of additional arguments. # Send outgoing mail to a smart relay using mini_sendmail sendmail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost send-mail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost SEE ALSO
mail(1), mailq(1), newaliases(1), mailwrapper(8), sendmail(8) postfix(1) (ports/mail/postfix), mini_sendmail(8) (ports/mail/mini_sendmail) HISTORY
mailer.conf appeared in NetBSD 1.4. AUTHORS
Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> BUGS
The entire reason this program exists is a crock. Instead, a command for how to submit mail should be standardized, and all the "behave dif- ferently if invoked with a different name" behavior of things like mailq(1) should go away. BSD
October 8, 2010 BSD