Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Few Tech Questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Few Tech Questions Post 302155059 by Kantong on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 09:55:07 PM
Old 01-02-2008
Question

Yes, see that is what caused the problem; I have just recently come over from windows, hence the NTFS formatting on the HDD Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Non tech question

Greetings folks, Experienced sys admin here. Seeing some trends in slim job opportunities here in Aus for Solaris and Linux admins. Heaps of jobs are there for software development work. I'd like to hear your thoughts and alternatives the other sys admins pursue. Thanks for your time. JJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ossupport55
1 Replies
NTFSCMP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NTFSCMP(8)

NAME
ntfscmp - compare two NTFS filesystems and tell the differences SYNOPSIS
ntfscmp [OPTIONS] DEVICE1 DEVICE2 DESCRIPTION
The ntfscmp program makes a comparison between two NTFS filesystems from all aspects and reports all variances it finds. The filesystems can be on block devices or images files. Ntfscmp can be used for volume verification however its primary purpose was to be an efficient development tool, used to quickly locate, identify and check the correctness of the metadata changes made to NTFS. If one is interested only in the NTFS metadata changes then it could be useful to compare the metadata images created by using the --meta- data option of ntfsclone(8) to eliminate the usually uninteresting timestamp changes. The terse output of ntfscmp is intentional because the provided information is enough in each case to determine the exact differences. This can be achieved, for instance, if one compares the verbose outputs of ntfsinfo(8) for each reported inodes by the diff(1) utility. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of the options that ntfscmp accepts. -P, --no-progress-bar Don't show progress bars. -v, --verbose More informational output. -h, --help Display help and exit. EXIT CODES
The exit code is 0 on success, non-zero otherwise. KNOWN ISSUES
No problem is known. If you would find otherwise then please send your report to the development team: ntfs-3g-devel@lists.sf.net AUTHOR
ntfscmp was written by Szabolcs Szakacsits. It was ported to ntfs-3g by Erik Larsson. AVAILABILITY
ntfscmp is part of the ntfs-3g package and is available from: http://www.tuxera.com/community/ SEE ALSO
ntfsinfo(8), ntfscat(8), diff(1), ntfsclone(8), ntfsprogs(8) ntfs-3g 2017.3.23 April 2006 NTFSCMP(8)